$4.99 Advent Sale

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:31 PM | Locked

Boy it's sad to see people trying to justify themselves instead of admitting that they actually are in the wrong. Oh boy! According to Myke's logic Jesus must've been very worldly and antagonistic for not considering the Jews feelings because he called them hypocrites he also called them brood of vipers  and what else... white washed tombs among other things.  Geez Myke you're so sensitive.  Quit trying to justify your behavior and encouraging others to take advantage of the generosity faith life has extended   AND Learn to play by the rules for once in your life.  If it's so hard for you to see that then you're blinder than I thought!  You and those who want to  pressure FL  to extend the sales remind me of that proverb - Proverbs 30:15

Now get over yourself and accept the real truth! If  you guys really want faith life to hear you out then  call Faith life directly instead of stirring up things in the forum and promoting Proverbs 30:15 I can assure you the answer will be NO, then all you'll have to do is keep quiet and accept no as an answer;  but you just love complicating things for yourself, don't you? 

DAL

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:38 PM | Locked

DAL:
If  you guys really want faith life to hear you out then  call Faith life directly instead of stirring up things in the forum and promoting Proverbs 30:15 I can assure you the answer will be NO,

I will appeal to Bob and Dan Pritchett to extend the sale. They did do that in past years at Christmas. Maybe they will do it again.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:43 PM | Locked

Super.Tramp:

DAL:
If  you guys really want faith life to hear you out then  call Faith life directly instead of stirring up things in the forum and promoting Proverbs 30:15 I can assure you the answer will be NO,

I will appeal to Bob and Dan Pritchett to extend the sale. They did do that in past years at Christmas. Maybe they will do it again.

They did so  because the nature of the sale was different and in addition to that at times they miscommunicated things. But this time they were very clear. You can appeal but I doubt it'll work since everybody had the same opportunity.  Sometimes you just got to learn to accept that you missed the train and you have to wait for the next one to get on board. It's a fair and simple truth, I don't know why it's so hard for some to grasp it 🙄

Posts 12076
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:45 PM | Locked

This thread is way beyond what is the accepted (and usual) tone in this forum - let alone in Christmas time. To me it seems, Myke got that with his last post on page 1, but not everybody else. 

Faithlife is running the forum in a very light-handed manner, but I think they should close this thread. Not for the respectful question/wishes of the OP, but because of the degradation that occurred later. Actually there's nothing to discuss about anymore, so we could let it simply lie dormant and focus on something else. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:55 PM | Locked

I have sent this as an email request to Bob & Dan, and also asking them to have this thread closed.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 12:57 PM | Locked

Super.Tramp:

DAL:

Super...on behalf of those above who wanted another shot at these, thank you for your intervention and your insight on previous occurrences. That is/was most thoughtful. Blessings to you for your time and your thoughtfulness. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 1:00 PM | Locked

PL:

I have sent this as an email request to Bob & Dan

Thanks,

Peter

Yes Hope they help you guys out. 

Myke Harbuck

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 1:07 PM | Locked

I really hope that all of us on here are mature Christians, but the thought continues to hit my mind "what if there are newly transformed and those very new who are seeking the Lord, are viewing these conversations?". My prayer is that this will not cause an extreme amount of additional work in keeping their mind straight. Some will form opinions within themselves stating "what's the difference?", "Christians are no different than the world", and other such thoughts. We must take into consideration that there may be babies watching what we do, listening to what we say, and observing how we act and react. It is one thing to have a private conversation with a brother or sister to express big differences of opinion, and it's another thing to have that conversation on stage in a public arena. Sure, these things occur among ourselves for whatever reason (we are still human), however, we are to honor and glorify God, not just by our actions, but by our conversations also.

My thoughts.

Be blessed.

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 1:57 PM | Locked

PL:

Dear Faithlife,

Would you please kindly consider extending the $4.99 Advent book sale for a few more days, for those of us who unfortunately missed the Christmas Eve deadline?

Thanks!

Peter

Call a sales person or use the online chat. Sometimes they can make allowances for individual circumstances especially if they can see it was in you basket but not purchased.

P.S. The forums are intended for users to help other users and are not usually the best way to reach Faithlife employees. If you are unable to contact sales, perhaps one of the other forum members could direct sales to your plight.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:04 PM | Locked

Yes, being the third in this thread.  Shut it down please.

Mike

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:17 PM | Locked

The online chat doesn't come on when I need it.

I just called Sales and they're not able to offer the sale price.

It's okay. They're just nice-to-haves. I don't need those books.

Thanks all.

Peter

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:22 PM | Locked

Super.Tramp:

DAL:

i'm going to borrow a quote from the movie taken,  spoken by Marco from Tropoja, "...Good luck!" LOL we should just go ahead and write a petition to the White House to make FL bend the rules  for those who have 24 literal days to make a purchase but they didn't do so because they waited till the last minute -- wow, how considerate of others' generosity!

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:23 PM | Locked

PL:

Thanks all.

Peter

Didn't hurt to ask. Sorry they couldn't help you out there. Maybe next time. Smile

Myke Harbuck

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:28 PM | Locked

DAL:
for those who have 24 literal days

Your math is incorrect. If you appeal to "truth" to justify your tone, allow me to require you be factual.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:28 PM | Locked

PL:

Thanks all.

Peter

Oh boy,  what did I tell you?  I knew they would say no if you called!  And you went through all this trouble when you could've just picked up the phone in the first place. I'm so amazed, they said "No," wow, no kidding! Oh, and now you don't need those books anymore, no kidding! 😂

I will do you a favor I will appeal for the thread or at least my posts to be deleted. But thank you for proving my point, so kind of you! 😁

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:31 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

DAL:
for those who have 24 literal days

Your math is incorrect. If you appeal to "truth" to justify your tone, allow me to require you be factual.

LOL  you just made my day MJ 😉 Happy Holidays to you too!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 3:03 PM | Locked

DAL:
LOL we should just go ahead and write a petition to the White House to make FL bend the rules  for those who have 24 literal days to make a purchase but they didn't do so because they waited till the last minute -- wow, how considerate of others' generosity!

If you are going to appeal you should appeal to someone who has the authority to do something about it.

Posts 2348
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 4:01 PM | Locked

DAL:
😁

Good Grief.

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 4:51 PM | Locked

There is a lesson to be learned from this silly request that was denied - if you missed the sale, you can always catch the next one.  And be a little bit more greatful, because you had it WAY better than others.   Take for instance the Spanish department - what did we get as freebie? One sample chapter of Spurgeon's Treasury of David in Spanish (chapter 23 which was a booklet that contained that brief exposition in Logos format). And for a year-end sale, we got 13 deals, one each day for the last 13 days of December of this year (still a few more deals to go). Ah, and each deal only lasted 24 hrs. Do you think people are asking FL to bring the sales back just because they only had 24 HOURS to purchase and not 24 DAYS like you guys did? No, they are not!  Some expressed their disappointment, sure, but either way they took it with a grain of salt and moved on. FL owns the Spanish department and they could have easily sponsored a better sale with a few freebies but they didn't do it and they don't have to do it. So, be greatful for what YOU got which is WAY BETTER than what others got. If you want a resource that is no longer on sale, then dish out the cash and buy it at regular price like everybody else does and you'll avoid feeling embarrassed when they tell you, "sorry that deal already expired, we can no longer offer you that price."

Happy Holidays!

DAL

Ps. Correction - Spanish sale is 14 days not 13 but still each deal only lasts 24 hrs. Not 24 Days 😋

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 5:06 PM | Locked

DAL:
There is a lesson to be learned from this silly request that was denied

Denied?  Bob Pritchett has referred it to the Marketing Department. Saying it is "denied" may be premature. 

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS