$4.99 Advent Sale

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 5:42 PM | Locked

Super.Tramp:

DAL:
There is a lesson to be learned from this silly request that was denied

Denied?  Bob Pritchett has referred it to the Marketing Department. Saying it is "denied" may be premature. 

Yep PL got denied. But then again he doesn't need the books anyway, so only God knows why all the ruckus about bringing back a sale for books you don't even need 😁

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:21 PM | Locked

Read this https://community.logos.com/forums/p/121092/792607.aspx#792607

Some people have lost their jobs and here you are whining about petty things like bringing a $4.99 sale of books you don't even need!

How long?!

It's a business guys, get it right!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:43 PM | Locked

DAL:
Some people have lost their jobs and here you are whining about petty things like bringing a $4.99 sale of books you don't even need!

Just chill, DAL!  It is not your responsibility to set everyone straight. We let you be wrong, let us be wrong.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:50 PM | Locked

Myke Harbuck:
They meant no harm to anyone and should been afforded the right to make their own requests without any adverse action on anyone's part, and should have been respected and honored as brothers in Christ ... .

Totally agree. Yes

Myke Harbuck:
And to this point, there has still been no remorse or apologies from him to them, even though the Bible is quite clear that if we knowingly offend our brother we should take appropriate steps to make it right as quickly as possible. 

This is that part that troubles me a little (probably because we can not sit down together over a coffee or even better a good glass of wine Wink).  

Because I never saw the deleted post by one of the original posters (or was it just a deleted double postHmm), I really can´t see that they were that offended, they were disappointed, they are still hopeful that Faith-life will respond in their favor, but they seem more then willing to accept what ever decision Bob makes in the end.

The part that troubles me is it seem that you are needlessly "taking up an offence" of others who were quite capable of responding to DAL themselves (as one of the posters already did) if they saw fit to do so.  Brings to my mind Pr. 26:4-5 Hmm 

Oh, one last thing, I did and still do like your replay from which the above quote was taken. Yes  

As far as I am concerned, no offence was ever given nor are apologies needed.  As you well know, a mature Christian is not easily offended (they over look the insults of others)!    Pr. 19.11 

Tom

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 8340
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:52 PM | Locked

Super.Tramp:

DAL:

Just chill, DAL!  It is not your responsibility to set everyone straight. We let you be wrong, let us be wrong.

Hmmm, that's a good way to put it...we were all wrong today at one degree or another. Now let's pray for those who lost their job, some whom I called FL and asked for them today and was told they didn't have anybody by that name working there. 

DAL

Ps. As a mature Christian I choose to overlook what transpired today in this particular thread - Have a blessed night!

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 7:38 PM | Locked

Tom:

This is that part that troubles me a little (probably because we can not sit down together over a coffee or even better a good glass of wine Wink).  

Who says we cant? If you have the right bottle of wine, anyway! LOL  Wink

Tom:

[The part that troubles me is it seem that you are needlessly "taking up an offence" of others who were quite capable of responding to DAL themselves (as one of the posters already did) if they saw fit to do so.  Brings to my mind Pr. 26:4-5 Hmm  

Please remember the message of Prov 26:4-5. The message was not to engage a fool "according to their folly" which means quite clearly speaking to a fool in the same manner and intent in which they spoke. Can I ask you a favor as a Christian brother? Can you go back and read each of DAL's posts in this thread? Then read mine again. If you do, I hope you will see the clear difference. His were done with pride and antagonism, mine were done with righteous indignation in light of scriptural truth and in defense of others. You may not like what I said, or the way that I said it (and for that I am, again, truly sorry, really!), but the truth is that what I said was true and scripture, our basis for orthodoxy and orthopraxy, will confirm it.

Maybe I am a naive softy, but it is heart-breaking to me that anyone could act in this manner in a forum and continue to antagonize and demean others, even using the misfortunes of others in recent layoffs to promote his agenda and give the appearance that he is justified in his words and actions. It's not right and I feel that myself and the others who spoke up were well warranted in our rebuke of his conduct. We are to avoid conflict when we can, but there is a time to stand up for what is right, and this was that time. 

Tom:

As far as I am concerned, no offence was ever given nor are apologies needed.  As you well know, a mature Christian is not easily offended (they over look the insults of others)!    Pr. 19.11  

Thank you for your graciousness. That's what we need more of on these forums. 

Christ's richest blessings to you! 

PS: You can PM me on Faithlife if I need further correction or you want to communicate with me further. Im gonna unsubscribe here so Im not lured into any more replies should there be any further offensive comments. I want to do my part to kill this thread. Besides, I need to do a lot of praying after all this. Smile

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS