Create link to another verse in a note??? (edited for clarity)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2015 12:02 PM

Is it possible - in Logos 6 - to create a note (next to a verse) with a link to another verse?

If someone knows how to do this could you please explain.

I can create notes - but if I add, lets say, a related or contrasting scripture reference in the note, it doesn't automatically become a link to that verse.

I'd like for that scripture reference to become a link that will take me to that verse.

I'd like to create a sort of chain of Bible reference links in my notes. That way, all I would have to do is follow the links in my notes, and it would take me through my subject of study.

Any help the Community can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

S. Dahl

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 1:21 PM

Stein Dahl:
it doesn't automatically become a link to that verse.

IT should automatically become a link although you may need to put a space after the reference to get the conversion to a link. If you are not using standard notation and abbreviations it will not become a link. If you post a screenshot of a case that is not a link, perhaps we can see the problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 3:08 PM

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out a little here. As you can see in the screenshot - when I hover over my note (upper left hand) the scripture reference (in the note) is not a link. Seems to me that they used to become links. That's what I'm trying to do. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

S. Dahl

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 3:33 PM

Got it. No in the titles they will not become links but they will in the body of the note. Does that correspond to what you are seeing?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 4:16 PM

Well - in the body or content of the note is where I wrote "See "repent" (G3340) in Matthew 3:2", but the scripture reference doesn't turn into a link.

Isn't it supposed to?

Posts 12492
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 4:41 PM

did you put a space after it, to let the editor check whether it's supposed to be a link and then link it?

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2068
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 5:26 PM

Are you checking the link in the actual note file, or in the pop-up? In my experience it only works in the actual note file.

Posts 35581
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 5:48 PM

Stein Dahl:

but the scripture reference doesn't turn into a link.

Isn't it supposed to?

did you put a space after the reference? It should create the link when you enter the space, telling it that the reference is complete.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 7:13 PM

This in reply to both Reuben and MJ,

Yes I put a space after the reference in the note file - and it does create a link in the actual note file itself.

But that's not what I'm after. What I'd really like to do is create a link that can be accessed from the pop-up of my note.

I hope this makes it clearer what I'm trying to do. And I'm hoping that this is possible already. If not, maybe I could suggest this as an addition to the notes feature - because I would really like to be able to do this.

Thanks.

S.Dahl

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS