Argh! Mac key to prioritize a single resource?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2015 7:59 PM

I'm not a frequent Mac user and I have this battle every time that I try to do this on Mac.  On PC, I can Alt + drag to prioritize a single book from a series.  What is the equivalent key to do this on Mac?  I'm sure I've figured it out in the past, but this time I've tried every key combination imaginable and searched the forums with no success.  Please help save my sanity.

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 8:19 PM

One way to accomplish this is to "right click" on a resource and choose "prioritize this resource". This will put it at the bottom of your list, so you'll need to drag it to the position you'd like.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 8:29 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

One way to accomplish this is to "right click" on a resource and choose "prioritize this resource". This will put it at the bottom of your list, so you'll need to drag it to the position you'd like.

Hi Reuben,

Thanks. I'm familiar with that method (and that's what I finally resorted to for the resource I was trying to prioritize at the moment)...BUT, my prioritization list is substantial, so dragging it 2/3 of the way up the list takes 2 minutes. Sad

Thanks Smile

Ron

Posts 31340
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 8:43 PM

I don't do Apple and I can't remember where I saw the answer ... but I know I did. Is it possibly option-command ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 9:05 PM

MJ. Smith:

I don't do Apple and I can't remember where I saw the answer ... but I know I did. Is it possibly option-command ...

Mmm...nope, not option-command. Thanks for trying MJ Smile

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 6:22 AM

have you searched the wiki instead of the forums? https://wiki.logos.com/prioritizing 

Posts 10813
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2016 6:46 AM

Ron:

There does not appear to be any key combination to accomplish this task Sad Crying

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2016 7:55 AM

Jack Caviness:

Ron:

There does not appear to be any key combination to accomplish this task Sad Crying

Actually, I did finally figure it out (sorry I didn't reply back here earlier)...it IS the Control key, but the trick is that you have to start dragging the resource and THEN hold control before dropping it into the list. If you hold Control before starting to drag, then it interprets it as a right-click.

Posts 10813
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2016 5:44 PM

Ron:
ou have to start dragging the resource and THEN hold control before dropping it into the list.

Very intuitive! Congratulations Ron—You should earn Tip of the Week status with that one Idea

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2016 11:19 AM

Jack Caviness:

Ron:
ou have to start dragging the resource and THEN hold control before dropping it into the list.

Very intuitive! Congratulations Ron—You should earn Tip of the Week status with that one Idea

The sad part is that I've done it before, but I use my Mac so rarely (and even more rarely for this specific purpose) that I go through this same battle every time it comes up...trying to remember what the "trick" is Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS