How can I get 2 commentaries side by side?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24
EnochBethany | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2015 5:49 PM

I think I was able before to get Alford's Greek Testament commentary in one column & Alford's English commentary in a side-by-side column.  Now for the life of me I cannot.  I can get either Alford's Greek or Alford's English commentary in the right column, but I can only get Bible translations in the left column.  Frustration!  How can I get what I want in each column?

Posts 3684
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 5:46 AM

I do not have both of these resources, however if they are both typed as commentaries then you should able to open both in the parallel resources pane.

Open one of them

Click the Parallel Resources button (that is the three vertical lines)

Select any of the commentaries to display. 

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 17030
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 6:09 AM

EnochBethany:
 I can get either Alford's Greek or Alford's English commentary in the right column, but I can only get Bible translations in the left column.  Frustration!  How can I get what I want in each column?

I'm not aware of any way to do this in biblia

(Fredc's comment (above) relates to the desktop application)

Posts 3684
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 7:54 AM

Graham Criddle:
(Fredc's comment (above) relates to the desktop application)

Thanks for pointing that out Graham. I missed the fact that this was a Biblia related question. My apologies

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 4297
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:36 AM

Anyone know if this is possible with Logos now and their web app (sort of a Biblica 2.0, for subscribers to Logos Now)???

-dan

Posts 17030
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:41 AM

Dan Francis:
Anyone know if this is possible with Logos now and their web app (sort of a Biblica 2.0, for subscribers to Logos Now)???

Yes you can.

As the screenshot below shows you can have multiple tabs with different types of resources in the different areas. You can drag and drop tabs to different locations

If you look at the top-right of the screenshot you can see a "layout" icon - this isn't currently functional but will provide support for some aspects of layouts moving forward.

Posts 24
Mykola Leliovskyi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2016 3:22 AM

Any solution, guys? I am also used to be able to do that, but now can't.

Posts 17030
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2016 4:18 AM

Mykola Leliovskyi:

Any solution, guys? I am also used to be able to do that, but now can't.

What specifically were you trying to do?

As far as I recall you could only ever have Bible translations in the left-hand column in Biblia

Posts 24
Mykola Leliovskyi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2016 11:57 PM

I used to be able to have two commentaries side-by-side, but not anymore

Posts 15492
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2016 6:00 AM

Graham Criddle:
As far as I recall you could only ever have Bible translations in the left-hand column in Biblia

Bible text can have commentary in the resource title so two "commentary" resources can be open at the same time:

Bible text/translation on left side with Commentary text on right side.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.