Help Needed

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:24 AM

I know how to use the highlighter pens to highlight in a resource. What if I want to write a comment that can be found in a location within the resource is this possible? I believe I have done this before but can not seem to remember how to. 

Also when highlighting when I look in my documents it does not save these under the specific resource but by day and just as highlighter pens. Is there someway for me to fix this where all highlights under a specific resource show under that resource?

Posts 1834
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:47 AM

I am assuming you are using Logos 6, if you are using the mobile app, let us know. You'll want to post in the Logos 6 forum if you have questions about using Logos 6.

To make a comment in a resource, select the relevant text that you are wanting to comment on. Then right-click and select "Add a Note..." at the bottom of the left side of the right-click menu:

You can learn more about creating notes in the Logos Help Document here.

To change where the highlighters in a palette save the highlights, click on the arrow on the right side of the palette's name. Then click on "Save In:" at the bottom of the pop-up menu. Then choose "Resource-specific note file." You will have to change this for each palette that you use.

Posts 28718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:50 AM

John Crabtree:
I know how to use the highlighter pens to highlight in a resource. What if I want to write a comment that can be found in a location within the resource is this possible?

I am not sure what you mean. You could add a note (right click menu) or add a note to the highlight itself (via the note document the highlight is stored in).

John Crabtree:
Also when highlighting when I look in my documents it does not save these under the specific resource but by day and just as highlighter pens.

Ugh. The default behavior, which is ridiculous in my opinion, is to store the highlight notes in a document named for the pallet of the highlighter style you used. My preference is to use a "resource specific" note document (named for the resource you are using). The behavior is controlled via the pallet menu.

John Crabtree:
Is there someway for me to fix this where all highlights under a specific resource show under that resource?

Open both note documents. Click and drag one by one. Tongue Tied

For more info on any of these topics, see the wiki: https://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 12:16 PM

Thanks very much fellas between the two of you my questions have been answered and I have been able to get a resolution.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS