Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:16 PM

I know this is old news, but I just had to rant a bit.

First, I love L4 and the iPhone app.

I was helping out a Pastor with a class on Proverbs.  Being Lutheran, I chose to select People's Bible commentary on Proverbs.  http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/PB20PR

Of course, it came in right away.  But when checking my iPhone, I do not have it.  My purpose was to have it be available, so that the underlined items would show up when I opened my iPhone.  Even taking a laptop would be a hassle, to have to read from, but that iPhone presents a whole lot of convenience.

I realize that publishers have not given the go-ahead, but from what I can tell with the one I consulted, they are just waiting for Logos to contact them, as I indicated when I sent Logos the memo.

Perhaps it would be a good idea, to put a small icon on the screen of books, which are not authorized yet, so that if I am going to buy a commentary specifically for use on my iPhone, I do not buy it, when it will not even be available.

Thanks.

Posts 2898
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 6:56 AM

I'm guessing this is a man power issue. But I second the desire to know before you buy which will be iphone available.

Posts 996
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 8:48 AM

If a book is available, there is an indicator on the product page.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5184

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:41 PM

Great news, and thank you!

Posts 26
Aaron Cantrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 7:21 PM

Regarding buying a new Pre-Pub book, and it not showing up in IPhone, I purchased IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament, Pentateuch and Historical books collection and the product page says that it is on the Iphone.  

I installed it on my Macbook, synchronized the licenses in both Logos for Mac 1 and Logos 4 for Mac.  I restarted my computer and it is appearing on my laptop.  I have read it on my laptop.  I have restarted my Iphone several times and resynched my Macbook licenses several times.  It is not appearing in the Iphone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 7:25 PM

AaronCantrell:

Regarding buying a new Pre-Pub book, and it not showing up in IPhone, I purchased IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament, Pentateuch and Historical books collection and the product page says that it is on the Iphone.  

I installed it on my Macbook, synchronized the licenses in both Logos for Mac 1 and Logos 4 for Mac.  I restarted my computer and it is appearing on my laptop.  I have read it on my laptop.  I have restarted my Iphone several times and resynched my Macbook licenses several times.  It is not appearing in the Iphone.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't have an iPhone, but they're not showing up on library.logos.com either.  I guess something is amiss on Logos' side.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 8:02 PM

Dave Dunkin:

If a book is available, there is an indicator on the product page.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5184

This is good to know.  I'll probably not buy anymore resources unless they can be used across all platforms.  Hope the publishers get a clue!

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:52 PM

Did anyone figure out why books showing as being available for iphone are not showing up on the iphone? I have a couple instances of this where it's in LS4 on my desktop but not the iPhone... just curious.

Thanks,

Andrew

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:05 PM

Dave responded here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/12906.aspx

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 70
Andrew Hughes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:07 PM

Thanks Darren. I missed that post. 

Andrew

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:17 PM

No problem. It's good to get the link to the other thread in here anyway for anyone else that reads this thread.

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS