"Resources are ready to be added to your library"

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2016 1:02 PM

"Resources are ready to be added to your library" message will not go away. It has been several days and daily shut downs with occasional restarts. I get this message when I hover over the 1 in a blue circle at the right of the Icon line at the top of the program. 

I have two new Audio Books billed to me Jan 12 and 13.  The first (Knowing God) does not appear in the Library.  The second (A Normal Christian Life) appears in the Library but trying to pay a chapter causes Logos to crash and appear light gray. Three print books billed on Jan 15 all loaded and work. Books prior to Jan 12 seem to be loaded.

After midnight Jan 12-13, that was the night I was working late on a lesson, the computer crashed while running Logos even though I was in MSWord at the time.  When I restarted the computer it came up in Safe Mode and ran a CHKDSK on my SSD. It found a number of lost files and damaged indexes. Some of those files were Logos files bases on their names. In the old DOS days I would have tried to fix them with Norton Utilities.  I cannot do that today. 

Win 7 64 bit; 8 gigs memory 200 gigs of free storage. Laptop, No Gaming done on this machine or network.

How do I fix the Audio books that did not load properly and how do I get the message to clear.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 1:10 PM

Charles if you are using the beta software this is a known bug that will be fixed in the next beta (which should be this week sometime).

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/121737.aspx and if you are on the stable software then we need your logs.

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 1:56 PM

I do not think I am on Bata.  I did not intend to be. I cannot locate the setting to tell me if I am downloading Bata or Stable. I am on version 6.8 SR-1. Where do I find the setting for Bata? What files in what locations do you want as the requested log files?  Where and how do you want them send of do you want the text copied into this forum?

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 2:22 PM

Here you can find where and how to implement logging. https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Once you add your logs there will be someone much smarter than I to help you figure it out since you are on the stable.

Posts 59

These were the log files before I ran the program after turning on the Diagnostic Logs.

Posts 59

Log files after starting the program clicking on the blue icon showing 1 task to do. from both home screens and forcing an update now.

Posts 59

Another cycle of starting and stopping the program with keystrokes.

Posts 59

Another cycle of running the program.

Posts 59

Last cycle. No keystrokes except to exit the program.

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 8:18 PM

Every time I post with an attached file the Forum crashes giving me a long error message, but the message does post.  What is going on here.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 3:23 AM

Charles C.G. Miller:
I do not think I am on Bata.

You are not on the beta—Your logs show 6.8 SR-1. Other than that, you logs are beyond my limited log reading skills. Perhaps Dave or some other knowledgable user will be along soon to provide a more definitive answer.

BTW: You have likely posted enough log sets for someone to diagnose your problem. Any more would simply clutter the thread. 

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 3:54 AM

Charles C.G. Miller:

I have two new Audio Books billed to me Jan 12 and 13.  The first (Knowing God) does not appear in the Library.  The second (A Normal Christian Life) appears in the Library but trying to pay a chapter causes Logos to crash and appear light gray. Three print books billed on Jan 15 all loaded and work. Books prior to Jan 12 seem to be loaded.

After midnight Jan 12-13, that was the night I was working late on a lesson, the computer crashed while running Logos even though I was in MSWord at the time.  When I restarted the computer it came up in Safe Mode and ran a CHKDSK on my SSD. It found a number of lost files and damaged indexes. Some of those files were Logos files bases on their names. In the old DOS days I would have tried to fix them with Norton Utilities.  I cannot do that today. 

If your files were corrupted and repaired, it looks as though they haven't been repaired correctly. It would be helpful to know which files Windows tried to repair. We can then advise on which files you might need to delete or re-download.

There are instruction here for getting a list of those files: https://askleo.com/how_do_i_see_the_results_of_a_chkdsk_that_ran_on_boot/ 

Posts 2761
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 4:33 AM

It looks like the following book is the one causing problems: Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 52b: Revelation 6-16

I recommend that you delete the following file, then start the application again:

C:\Users\CG Miller\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\132glzlq.rms\ResourceManager\Resources\WBC52B.logos4

This should allow the updated resource to be properly installed.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 59

Chkdsk file attached.

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 11:32 AM

Thank you for your help, time and expertise.

Posts 59

Deleting WBC52B makes the program run smoothly. Thank you. How do I get WBC52B back in my library?  Do I need to worry about other files being damaged and disclosed in the CHKDSK Log?

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 9:20 PM

Charles C.G. Miller:

How do I get WBC52B back in my library? 

Did you try to run command: "Update Resources" ?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 1:17 AM

Charles C.G. Miller:
Deleting WBC52B makes the program run smoothly. Thank you. How do I get WBC52B back in my library?  Do I need to worry about other files being damaged and disclosed in the CHKDSK Log?

Personally, I would delete all the .mstidx files listed in the log. They're milestone indexes, and should get rebuilt automatically.

WBC52B should also get re-downloaded. As WildEagle says, if it doesn't try the command update resources in Logos' command box.

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 8:31 AM

That worked.  Thank you. I thought the UPDATE NOW command would accomplish that also.  I guess not.

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 8:36 AM

Thank you everybody for your help. You are part of what makes Logos Great. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS