Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36083
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2016 4:28 PM

I am still not seeing the possibility of adding a Biblical Theology section in Verbum 6.9
6.9.0.0022  I am very impatient to see it as I have yet to figure out why it is a separate discipline.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 4:49 PM

I'm looking into why this isn't displaying.

Posts 2069
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 4:59 AM

I'm in the same boat except with Logos instead of Verbum...

Posts 164
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 7:16 AM

MJ. Smith:

I am very impatient to see it as I have yet to figure out why it is a separate discipline.

Biblical Theology looks at theological concepts as they are progressively revealed throughout redemptive history, whereas Systematic Theology systematizes the whole of what revelation has to say on those concepts.

Biblical Theology is the backdrop to a sound Systematic Theology. In Systematic Theology, there is the danger of placing things together that ought not to be placed together. Biblical Theology is more apt to understand passages of Scripture within their overall contexts of the book they are found in, whereas Systematics could potentially overlook these contexts. On the other hand, Biblical Theology could potentially overlook other places and Scripture that should have a bearing on how we understand certain doctrines, and so Systematics is to connect these together. Ideally, the two should work together.

Logos 9 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (21H2) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 32GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.15.7 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPadPro (2020) iPadOS 15.4.1 | iPhoneXR iOS 15.4.1

Posts 25
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 8:48 AM

DivineCordial:
Biblical Theology looks at theological concepts as they are progressively revealed throughout redemptive history, whereas Systematic Theology systematizes the whole of what revelation has to say on those concepts.
Exactly. Good succinct explanation. 

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 11:45 AM

MJ. Smith:
I am still not seeing the possibility of adding a Biblical Theology section in Verbum 6.9

Please run "Update Resources" command and the app should download the Biblical Theologies Cross References resource that will allow you to see the section. 

Posts 36083
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 11:57 AM

I tried that yesterday but didn't see it complete so I'll try today and see what happens.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 11:58 AM

MJ. Smith:

I tried that yesterday but didn't see it complete so I'll try today and see what happens.

We just shipped the resource so it should work now Smile

Posts 3338
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 12:05 PM

Its up and running- nice addition

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS