Suggestion: Fix Docking of Floating Windows

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2010 4:58 AM

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before so I'll post it here. 

• Suggestion #1: Please fix the docking of floating windows so that the floating window you are trying to dock goes back to it's original position - where it was floated from.
  • Suggestion #2: Please also add a "Dock Back" button to the top bar of any floating window so that docking it back is easier to find.

Here's the problem: When you float a window - and then you would like to dock it again, Logos 4 doesn't seem to remember where it came from so it docks it wherever it wants to. 

I've had it dock back to the same tile it came from with a different tab position, I've had it dock in a completely different tile altogether, and I've had it dock in a completely new tile that Logos opened just to be able to dock the floating window.

This behavior is just too unpredictable.  It's not supposed to be "like a box of chocolates" where you never know what you're gonna get.

As far as programming and writing code goes - There has got to be a way to have Logos 4 remember where the tile was floated from.  And there has to be a way to have Logos 4 use that remembered info when you go to dock it again, so that it goes back where you floated it from.

For your info:  I'm running L4 version 4.0a SR-3 (4.01.3.5180)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 8:22 AM

Stein Dahl:

Hello,

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before so I'll post it here. 

• Suggestion #1: Please fix the docking of floating windows so that the floating window you are trying to dock goes back to it's original position - where it was floated from.
  • Suggestion #2: Please also add a "Dock Back" button to the top bar of any floating window so that docking it back is easier to find.

Here's the problem: When you float a window - and then you would like to dock it again, Logos 4 doesn't seem to remember where it came from so it docks it wherever it wants to. 

I've had it dock back to the same tile it came from with a different tab position, I've had it dock in a completely different tile altogether, and I've had it dock in a completely new tile that Logos opened just to be able to dock the floating window.

This behavior is just too unpredictable.  It's not supposed to be "like a box of chocolates" where you never know what you're gonna get.

As far as programming and writing code goes - There has got to be a way to have Logos 4 remember where the tile was floated from.  And there has to be a way to have Logos 4 use that remembered info when you go to dock it again, so that it goes back where you floated it from.

For your info:  I'm running L4 version 4.0a SR-3 (4.01.3.5180)

Oh come now, "Variety is the spice of life."  Eat hearty !

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:01 AM

George Somsel:
Oh come now, "Variety is the spice of life."  Eat hearty !
Yes, George, variety is the spice of life.  But this is one place I don't want too much variety - if ya know what I mean!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:12 PM

Yes

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS