Anchor Yale Bible sale

Page 1 of 4 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 63 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 473
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 21 2016 6:12 PM

I just saw the email from Faithlife on the sale of individual volumes of the Anchor Yale Bible series at $19.99 each. Doing quick math in my head ($20 x 88 volumes = $1760) it is evident that you can save by buying ALL the volumes individually (if you want the whole set), as the price for the set remains at $2099.99!!!   Just sayin'....

Posts 15
Randall Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2016 6:50 PM

Thanks for the post, Mark.  This is a great deal for a valued commentary set.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2016 7:37 PM

The recent Judges volume remains at $75.  I assume recently pre-pub'd.

But if you dynamic price the AYB OT, then it's $65. But if you dynamic price the whole AYB, it's $120.  It varies in value until you buy it. Dynamically.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2016 7:55 PM

Anchor Yale Bible: Revelation: A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary by Craig Koester 

Is also still regular price.

-Dan

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2016 8:23 PM

Both the Judges 1-12 volume and Koester's Revelation recently shipped off Pre-Pub.

Posts 473
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 2:00 AM

Even if those two are still at regular price, you still save almost $200 by buying all 88 volumes individually!  

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 2:24 AM

What would be your top 5 recommendations?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 2:27 AM

This is how bestcommentaries rates the individual volumes:

http://bestcommentaries.com/series/anchor-yale-bible-ayb/ 

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 2:29 AM

I think that Fox on Proverbs is really, really good, especially the first volume with its introduction. 

Question: what is the deadline for the sale? 

Posts 473
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 4:14 AM

Raymond Brown's commentaries on John and the Johannine letters are highly regarded. To supplement them, you can get Brown's Introduction to the Gospel of John from Logos. Brown was working on a revision of his Johannine commentary when he died, and the Introduction was intended as an introduction to his new commentary.  

Fitzmyer's commentaries on Luke/Acts and Philemon, and Johnson's commentary on james are also well-regarded. 

For those from Catholic or Orthodox traditions who accept the Deuterocanonical books as Scripture, there are commentaries on all those books here. That's a rare find in itself.

I may pick up a few individual volumes.of the AYB during this sale. I'm also pondering putting out more money and buying the New Interpreter's Bible instead.  Not sure yet!

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 7:03 AM

Mark Nolette:

I just saw the email from Faithlife on the sale of individual volumes of the Anchor Yale Bible series at $19.99 each. Doing quick math in my head ($20 x 88 volumes = $1760) it is evident that you can save by buying ALL the volumes individually (if you want the whole set), as the price for the set remains at $2099.99!!!   Just sayin'....

thanks--i thought i got logos emails, but i sure didn't get that one.  will need to review my settings.  Incidentally i just got Markus Barth's from the January sale...one volume was more than 19.99.  grrrrr.  AngryBig Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 7:06 AM

You have 30 days to return an item, so if you want to, you can return Barth and then buy it again at the better price.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 10:29 AM

Francis:

You have 30 days to return an item, so if you want to, you can return Barth and then buy it again at the better price.

That's what I was thinking of doing.  I also wondered about them just refunding me the five bucks.  . . . as a side note, i am still waiting on an email from sales regarding my interest in purchasing the Chaplain Library . . . from end of December before pricing jumped.  I guess I need to contact them again . . . SurpriseSmile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 304
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 11:10 AM

Anyone have an idea how long this sale will last?

Posts 1551
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 11:35 AM

Hapax Legomena:

Anyone have an idea how long this sale will last?

Now through February 1, save on over 200 select volumes from three of our most popular collections: The New American Commentary Series, The Library of New Testament Studies, and for the first time, individual volumes from the Anchor Yale Bible.

https://blog.logos.com/2016/01/build-up-your-library-with-the-biblical-studies-sale/

Posts 304
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 12:14 PM

Thank you.

Posts 5047
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 1:53 PM

Anyone have any experience with the old revelation in this set?  Any thoughts on it?

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 2:05 PM

Friedrich:

Incidentally i just got Markus Barth's from the January sale...one volume was more than 19.99.  grrrrr.  AngryBig Smile

Call Customer Support ... If you are within the 30 day return policy, I think they can work it out so that you pay the discounted price.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 6:33 PM

Jonathan Ray:

Mattillo:
Anyone have any experience with the old revelation in this set?  Any thoughts on it?

The Revelation volume by J. Massyngberde Ford is the poorest in the set IMHO. I believe this is why it was replaced by Craig Koester. Ford made a big deal in the introduction that John the Baptist wrote Revelation, and this bleeds into much of her exegesis. 

Thanks for the info, Jonathan. I was wondering why I need to replace that volume.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2591
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 23 2016 1:32 PM

Definitely a good sale, but to much for me to buy the entire set.  I may pick up a couple, but I have no idea which two to get. 

Page 1 of 4 (64 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS