Logos 4 crashed while was open but not in use

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2010 9:49 AM

The program crashed while it was opened to the home page. Prior to that I saved a named layout.  I updated my daily bible reading plan. I left the program open for approximately 5 minutes to do something else when I noticed that fatal Windows pop-up which indicated that Logos 4 had to close unexpectedly.

The only other thing that happened recently was that I had crashes last week that Support helped me resolve via telephone by reloading Logos 4. All went well over the weekend with updates to the reading plan and saving one other named layout.

My logs are attached.

Abraham

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:22 AM

The logs don't show the crash information. Can you keep logging enabled so that if the crash reoccurs, we can get another log?  Make sure the program has closed completely and do not reopen until the logs have been posted.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:34 AM

I will do that. My hope is that I do not have to report another crash.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Abraham

Posts 43

Melissa,

Logos4 crashed again last night while I was out. I have again attached the files. Hopefully something will be revealed this time.

Note that I looked at the dates of the files though and they are still dated back on Feb 22 & 23. I did download the java add-in and got the screen tip that logging had been activated. I do have a question, how long should I wait for the logs to show up? I waited 15 minutes before starting Logos 4 again. I don't know if that's why the date of the files did not change or if something else is going on. Please let me know what you find.

Thank you,

Abraham

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 9:38 AM

Close Logos, then open My Computer and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Test Account\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\1uyspet5.iip\ResourceManager\Resources. Look for the following book files and if found, delete both: JERLWQSG and LEXBIBLE. Close that window and restart Logos.

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 9:49 PM

Melissa,

Thank you for your reply. I deleted the first file but could not find lexbible in that location. I did find it some where else (see below). Should I delete it in that location?

Abraham

C:\Documents and Settings\Test Account\Local Settings\

Application Data\Logos4Data\1uyspet5.iip\ResourceManager\Resources\Downloaded\LLS_LEXBIBLE\LEXBIBLE.logos4

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:09 AM

Abraham M. Payton Jr.:
Should I delete it in that location? ..

Application Data\Logos4Data\1uyspet5.iip\ResourceManager\Resources\Downloaded\LLS_LEXBIBLE\LEXBIBLE.logos4

Yes!

For good measure also delete \Application Data\Logos4\Data\1uyspet5.iip\UpdateManager\Updates.db and

everything in this folder - \Application Data\Logos4\Data\1uyspet5.iip\DownloadManager.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 7:20 AM

Dave,

I deleted all of the files and the program is currently indexing. So it may be a few hours before I follow-up with a progress report.

My thanks to you and Melissa for your help with this.

Abraham

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 4:23 PM

Update,

Nearly 9 hours later all appears to be resovled.

Thanks.

Abraham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS