Issues with importing Power Point into Proclaim

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 27 2016 8:55 AM

If I import a pptx using "Convert to images" the images are fine, but I get no slide transition or animation. If I use the "Transfer control to PowerPoint" option, The images show on my monitor, but are not projected. Also I get slide transitions, but still no animations. Occasionally a visiting pastor will arrive 10 minutes before the service with a thumb drive containing a robust PowerPoint presentation. "Transfer control to PowerPoint" should do what it says.

Posts 305
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 9:52 AM

I discovered that everything works fine when I make PowerPoint the active window on the first PPT slide.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 10:03 AM

Hi, Bob. Glad you got things figured out. Proclaim does not support text animation, so as long as you're able to transfer control you'll get all of your text effects. Slide navigations you make in PowerPoint will be reflected in Proclaim, so your presentation should pick up right where it left off. Let us know if you have anything further we can give you help with!

Posts 1
Roger Starnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 10:42 AM

Hi Peter,

Our congregation has been using a trial of Proclaim for a while now. We really like it, but we keep having issues with the Add Presentation > Import Powerpoint where we give Powerpoint control of the presentaion so we keep transitions and animation. However what always seems to happen is we add the presentation, set the audio cue points, the presentation loads in Proclaim (we see the first slide and thumbs for the presentation slides), but the main screen shows only the first slide and freezes. If we click outside the Proclaim software to get the PPT file to be in focus, the audio can sometimes die, and/or Proclaim is unsure when the PPT file is done so it can stop recording and move on to the next triggered event.

We don't want to import the PPTs at images, as most all of our speakers use animations. But we are not making good progress using the import for PPTs with keeping control with PPT.

Any help? We've been trying for 5 weeks and still have this not work well. :^(

Roger Starnes

(our trial is under "Waynesville Church of Christ", using Nick Garrett as contact).

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 2:56 PM

Hi, Roger, and welcome to the forums. When you transfer control to PowerPoint, we should be bringing up the PowerPoint slide show window (this is a known issue on our list to fix) instead of remaining in the Proclaim Slides window. Using Alt + Tab to switch between the windows is the quickest way to get to the PowerPoint presentation, and from there Proclaim should understand when the PowerPoint presentation is over.

Proclaim is able to fade in individual lines of text by typing "++" (without quotes) before a line on a slide. There are numerous slide transitions within Proclaim, many of which are similar to PowerPoints effects. Anyone in your group can download Proclaim and be a part of your group (there is no limit on the number of machines); it might make your workflow more efficient if the speakers are comfortable doing their slides in Proclaim.

I'm looking into the audio recording issues you described and will let you know when I've found something. Thanks for your detailed report!

Posts 32
Kevin M. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 5:00 AM

I'm having an additional issue with importing powerpoint - In proclaim the last half of some of the bible verses are cut off (missing completely with blank spots on the proclaim slides). For example see my presentation 082816 kcc. While I don't use PP (I do all my work in Logos/Proclaim and hopefully now the Sermon Editor :-)) other speakers use PP.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:00 AM

Kevin, there are several known issues with importing PowerPoint presentations directly. You can view the workaround for these faulty imports here: http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/206296245-Why-doesn-t-my-PowerPoint-presentation-import-properly-

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS