Product Guide on Dictionary/Lexicon/Encyclopedia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1055
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:23 PM

I find that dictionaries and products alike should be very important. On some sense it is even more important to commentaries (at least not less important than it).

But when I want to buy a dictionary, I actually don't know which to buy. NIDNTT/NIDOTT, BDAG, HALOT, TDNT, etc. seems very good. But which one to pick?

So I think that there is a need of a product guide on this. Similar to that of Commentaries, S, P, L symbols will also helps a lot.

Posts 19693
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:59 PM

There are two product guides that might be of some help to you in this decision:

http://www.logos.com/greek/nt (for NT/Greek dictionaries, lexicons, grammars, etc.)

http://www.logos.com/hebrew/ot (for OT/Hebrew dictionaries, lexicons, grammars, etc.)

They don't have S, P, L symbols, but they do at least help you differentiate between all the array of options available.

Posts 1055
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:55 AM

Oh! Thanks a lot! I never try that because there is no "lexicon" or so in the title.

That's very helpful. And I am satisfied with that guide already.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:00 AM

That product guide is WOEFULLY out of date.  Nary a reference to anything L4, and certainly not the Zondervan works to soon be released.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1055
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 10:09 AM

One weird thing is that it includes the NIDOTT but not the NIDNTT. But anyway, I find that help me to be clear about many things already.

I think they are so busy to develop the program itself, having no time to update all the materials in the website. I find it is annoying sometimes that after I read a certain thing, I realized that it is describing the Logos 3. Anyway, I'd rather they release the newer version sooner rather than updating the guide. Especially the reverse interlinear full screen view.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS