March Madness 2016

Page 2 of 12 (229 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last Β»
This post has 228 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2016 1:33 PM

JFritschJr:

There was something last year where before the sale we were able to vote on the authors chosen and even suggest others to be included.  Anyone remember that?

I remember. 74 authors were originally chosen and we had the opportunity to help narrow the search down to 64, Here is the thread where it was introduced - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/98952/683235.aspx

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 230
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2016 2:02 PM

Carson wins. 

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2016 4:51 PM

Pastor James:

Carson wins. 

Or Wright 😐 Which is weird because all of us wish someone else won but when people vote only these two come out on top 😱

Posts 980
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 3:35 AM

DAL:
Or Wright 😐 Which is weird because all of us wish someone else won but when people vote only these two come out on top 😱

Big Smile

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 3:59 AM

It would be a nice change to have it on Biblical books

With 66 books in the canon plus apocryphal books it would be easy to combine a couple books and arrive at 64 the perfect number for March madness. 

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 4:11 AM

Kelvin Niblett:

With 66 books in the canon plus apocryphal books it would be easy to combine a couple books and arrive at 64 the perfect number for March madness. 

Last time they did a book MM was in 2011. I remembe Witherington's volume on Acts was the winner and got it for $13 bucks and change. Then the author MM started the next year. It has its ptos and cons, but they need more variety to make it more appealing.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 4:37 AM

Kelvin Niblett:

Last time they did a book MM was in 2011. I remember Witherington's volume on Acts was the winner and got it for $13 bucks and change. Then the author MM started the next year. It has its pros and cons, but they need more variety to make it more appealing.

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 9:20 PM

Logos, any tidbits yet for 2016?  Is it going to happen again this year?  Thanks in advance Stick out tongue

Posts 127
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2016 11:44 PM

How about the March madness event including a competition between the Mobile Ed courses?

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2016 2:49 AM

Wayne Clarke:

How about the March madness event including a competition between the Mobile Ed courses?

I like 🎢🎢🎢🎢 

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2016 7:43 AM

I would still prefer authors vs by books since there is more sale on books, but I would prefer to exclude previous winning authors and to add different authors who were not in MM before

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2016 7:52 AM
  1. A given year's Final Four are excluded for the next year's competition.
  2. A given year's finalists are excluded for the next two year's competitions.
  3. A given year's winner is excluded for the next three year's competitions.

This would enable other authors to have a more reasonable chance of getting the exposure of winning and having some of their works discounted.

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 6:36 AM

However you set it up, I believe you should max out the number of books and authors that achieve a discount.

Your current setup is democratic.  Eliminating previous winners, top 3'ers, etc., removes the opportunity to this year purchase their books, both for new customers as well as for older customers whose studies now bring these popular authors into the I-need-to-purchase orbit.

Important is being able to buy single volumes as needed.  My wallet does not well afford large group purchases.  Pinpoint and click makes it much happier.

Posts 3054
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 1:51 PM

Kelvin Niblett:

A book-based March Madness would be VERY interesting!

Posts 898
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 2:40 PM

Excluding winners would hurt and help.  It would obviously lower interest slightly for new users.  But I think it would help longer.  I, for one,  did not feel the need to buy up everything last year, in reasonable confidence I could get a similar deal this year.  Like shutting down 15% discounts,  you can create scarcity,  with the added bonus of pleasing we addicts.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2016 2:09 PM

interesting suggestions all - but they reflect the interests of the 500 or 1000 of us that post on the forums regularly and buy everything offered by faithlife at every sale (eg as much as we are interested in or can afford).

For the other 500k to 1m logos users they may be interested in 50% off spurgeon because they weren't here the last time he won, or carson, or wright, or whomever.

In the end, FL will do what FL needs to to make the most money, whether it means the 500-1000 of us that post regularly are happy with it or not - and thats ok.

I'm on a spending freeze anyway as long as the payment plan rules stand the way they are, or until my plan is paid off... So the next two MM don't really matter a hill of beans to me.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 64
JFritschJr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 8:59 PM

Almost March. ..waiting for those details...anything yet FL?

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 9:07 PM

I like the idea of publisher against publisher.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 10:48 PM

abondservant:
In the end, FL will do what FL needs to to make the most money, whether it means the 500-1000 of us that post regularly are happy with it or not - and thats ok.

Yes. By the way I've intuited the same 500-1000 count, do you have a more solid basis for arriving at it - just curious?

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 12:19 AM

I would love to see it done by theologians within traditions.  Have eight from the Anglican tradition go against each other to come up with the top Anglican.  Have eight from the Reformed tradition go against each other to come up with the top Reformed.  Have eight Baptists, Lutherans, Catholic, Orthodox, Wesleyan/Methodist, Charismatic, go head to head, etc.  That way each tradition would have an author make the final eight.   Then the different traditions would go head to head within the final eight.  The only problem is that there are nine traditions.  Perhaps, the smallest two could be joined in some way.

Page 2 of 12 (229 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last Β» | RSS