Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 188
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:47 AM

Hi

When I try to download the books that I have in Logos 4 to Logos 3 the download goes well for about 79% of

the download. Then when it tries to load the King James Version it appears to try to load it at least 3 times

before the download stalls and says that I have encountered Error 7. Having foloowed through to Logos Help

on their website I don't seem to be able to find how to deal with this error. Can anyone help please?

Thanks, Gerald

Posts 5
Vincent Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 7:06 PM

I had the same problem.

Downloading stopped at "God's Word Translation" and after several unsuccessful download, I de-selected this particular book. Then, downloading stopped at KJV. I tried many times and had to wait for another internet billing cycle to start again.

Appreicate any help, or should I order the disk?

Vincent.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:16 AM

There seem to be several books that just don't want to finish downloading when you use the Update Scripts

I had to run it several times - each time noting which books it would get hung up on.  There were about 10 books or so that it would it would just keep downloading over and over again until the Error 7 would pop-up on the screen. I have the Scholar's Gold Library so I was running that Update Script.

So, finally, I ran the Update Script one last time  - this time I had un-checked those books - (the 10 or so that it was not downloading) - from the list so that the Update Script would skip them and not try to download them.  Once I had them un-checked the Update Script finished and loaded all of the books (except the ones I had un-checked) into my L3 library.

Then I was able to go to the Logos FTP page and manually download the rest of the books.

It was tedious - but it worked.  If you do a search in this forum for L4 books in L3 you'll get good advice from others and they include links to the page where you can manually download the books you're having trouble with.

Hope this helps. 

Posts 5
Vincent Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:29 PM

Thanks Stein. But I think Logos should provide a better way to their customers.

Posts 26967
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 3:39 AM

RevGeraldRodgers:

Having foloowed through to Logos Help

on their website I don't seem to be able to find how to deal with this error. Can anyone help please?

You've probably sorted this by now but the official help for EC 7 is http://www.logos.com/support/article/321

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS