How long are unpublished sermon recordings kept?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Patrick Oja | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:04 PM

We've been using the sermon recording feature and it's great. We haven't manually published any sermons since mid-December and went into Proclaim today to do that. However, there were only two available sermon recordings to publish: Jan 17 and Feb 7. There were two others listed but they had both been published in November. We know that the audio recording was set up for each of the past two months worth of sermons. Does Proclaim overwrite a sermon recording if it hasn't been published for some time? Is there another reason that the sermon recordings would be missing?

Which brings me to another point: Can we set up sermon recordings to automatically publish?

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:22 PM

Sermon recordings should not be deleted (unless you right-click on them and select delete). The sermon recordings are associated with the presentations themselves - is there a chance the other recordings were made with a different presentation? If you duplicate a presentation the recordings are not associated with the new presentation.

What presentation are you looking at? We can take a look on our side to see what we can find.

You cannot automatically publish recordings - there are some fields that are nice to fill out when publishing and often people trim the audio (remove songs, clip the beginning and end).

Posts 4
Patrick Oja | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:49 PM

Ah, that might be the problem. The presentations are not duplicated, they are just updated week to week and renamed. In fact, it looks to me like some presentations don't even get renamed - they might still have last week's date as the name. Even so, it seems like we should have at least eight recordings.

So this week's presentation is named February 7, 2016 and the recording starts at the "Bible Message" content slide. There are four recordings associated with this presentation: Nov 15, Dec 20, Jan 17 and Feb 7.

If a presentation gets deleted, then the recording gets deleted along with it, correct?

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:56 PM

If you delete a presentation then the unpublished recordings associated with that presentation are deleted. The sermons that have been published already will still be available. Publishing a sermon can be thought of as creating a copy of the recording and making it available to people to view/listen to.

Posts 4
Patrick Oja | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 1:19 PM

Thanks for the fast replies, Nick. It seems that we've unintentionally sabotaged our own efforts. However, I'm glad to know what we can do to prevent it in the future. I've already been in contact with our A/V and worship teams to apprise them of the new process to create separate presentations for each Sunday. Goes to show that it's always best to use software the way it's been designed. :)

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 1:20 PM

Have you deleted the presentations? We may be able to recover them if you have.

Posts 4
Patrick Oja | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 1:29 PM

I'm not sure whether any presentations have been deleted. It seems unlikely - I think that the same presentation has been updated and renamed for the past three months. I was just referring to the best practice of creating a new presentation for each service.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS