Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 311
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:47 PM

I added two videos to my presentation, both had start automatically and advance to next slide when done. While I was testing the function on-air, the first video played as expected and so did the second, however, midway through the second video I went into edit mode on a completely different slide and the second video ended immediately. I went back to a previous slide and advanced to the first video, but it wouldn't play. The second video wouldn't play either. Going off-air and back on didn't help. Closing Proclaim and restarting didn't help, I finally had to reboot my computer to get the videos to play again. Needless to say I had my fingers crossed that they would work during the service.

Windows 7 64 bit.

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2016 12:53 PM

I apologize for things not working. We will test this scenario out Monday morning.

Posts 38
Steven Stoops | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 8:08 AM

Hey Brendon;

We had the exact same issue.  We finally had to move to Windows 10 to get it to stop.  Not being able to edit on the fly is a real problem.  There is a quicker way to get back up and running.  We found that if you close Proclaim and open the Task Manager, click on the Processes tab and go down to Proclaim.exe and click it and then click end process.  It will ask you, "Do you want to end 'Proclaim.exe'?"  Click End Process and then you should be able to restart Proclaim and work from there.

It was frustrating to not be able to edit on the fly, we worked around it by making sure that any changes were done when not on air before services began and then prayed that nothing else had to be fixed.

We're praying that the change to Win10 fixes the problem, I spent hours yesterday running it through its paces and so far so good.  Next Sunday is the first live test.

Posts 311
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 9:00 AM

Thanks Steven,

I have since gone to Windows 10 as well, and have not had any problems. However, I have not taken any chances either. I have threatened both pastors that I will not make changes on the fly and am especially careful when I have videos in the service.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS