Journals stagnating?

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1272
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2016 1:27 PM

What's happening with the Master Journal Bundle 2.1? I thought we were moving to quarterly updates?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 6:07 AM

John Goodman:

What's happening with the Master Journal Bundle 2.1? I thought we were moving to quarterly updates?

I recall seeing that as the stated goal as well. It's been 5 months since the first bundle dropped, so I'm guessing (as with many things in life) it's taking longer than anticipated to produce.

Perhaps once it really gets going and the newest bundle consists mostly of new editions of the journal collections that have already been produced, then the process will go more quickly. That's just pure speculation. I have no inside information. Stick out tongue

Personally, once or twice a year would be fine with me.

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 7:05 AM

John Goodman:

I was wondering about this too.

Average Joe:
Personally, once or twice a year would be fine with me.

I too would be happy with that sort of timing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 1:07 PM

This is a really good question and one that, with all the recent changes, has been on our mind as well.

We plan to continue acquiring new volumes and producing quarterly updates to the MJB and its associated bundles. Usually, they won't be as large as the jump from MJB 1 to MJB 2.1. Additionally, some sub-bundles may not always receive a quarterly update because we have not acquired additional content for that specific sub-bubndle, but the MJB will always have at least some new content.

Our quarterly schema for the journals applies to 2016, making the next bundle due mid to late March. We posted 2.1 in late 2015 in order have extra time to catch up on production (there’s a lot of material :) ). I apologize if that was not made crystal clear or mistakenly communicated in previous forum posts.

Posts 1182
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2016 4:09 PM

Matthew Miller:

This is a really good question and one that, with all the recent changes, has been on our mind as well.

We plan to continue acquiring new volumes and producing quarterly updates to the MJB and its associated bundles. Usually, they won't be as large as the jump from MJB 1 to MJB 2.1. Additionally, some sub-bundles may not always receive a quarterly update because we have not acquired additional content for that specific sub-bubndle, but the MJB will always have at least some new content.

Our quarterly schema for the journals applies to 2016, making the next bundle due mid to late March. We posted 2.1 in late 2015 in order have extra time to catch up on production (there’s a lot of material :) ). I apologize if that was not made crystal clear or mistakenly communicated in previous forum posts.

That is very exciting news.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 3:17 PM

Any updates on this Matthew? Im trying to figure out my budget for March Madness and this may cause a conflict if released without a good window of notice. 

Thanks in advance!

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 12 2016 3:25 PM

John Kight:
Any updates on this Matthew? Im trying to figure out my budget for March Madness and this may cause a conflict if released without a good window of notice. 

I am in the same boat. I want to pick up a few things in MM but don't want to jeopardize getting Master Journal Bundle 2.1.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 14 2016 7:19 AM

Bump

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2016 5:25 AM

Bump

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2016 5:08 AM

Bump ... again.Huh?

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 5:34 AM

Bump ... Please? Someone ... Anyone ... 

Posts 151
Ryan Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:11 AM

I enjoy that you are doing this. But, obviously, someone from faithlife has to speak to this.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:41 AM

Ryan Robinson:

I enjoy that you are doing this. But, obviously, someone from faithlife has to speak to this.

That was the "Anyone" I was referring to in my post. I should have clarified ... Anyone [from Faithlife] Wink

Posts 278
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:57 AM

Now John, I feel your pain, but where would we be if all of us posted threads and then bumped them again for every resource we were desperately waiting for? I know I've got at least five I'd really, really like to see released, including the infamous Encyclopedia Britannica, but I just try to be patient and read one of the many thousand other books I've already got in my library.

The answer from Faithlife is always going to be the same: It will be ready when it's ready.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:15 AM

Greg F:

Now John, I feel your pain, but where would we be if all of us posted threads and then bumped them again for every resource we were desperately waiting for? I know I've got at least five I'd really, really like to see released, including the infamous Encyclopedia Britannica, but I just try to be patient and read one of the many thousand other books I've already got in my library.

The answer from Faithlife is always going to be the same: It will be ready when it's ready.

My concern isn't that I just want the resources in my library (although I certainly do). My concern is that I want clarification concerning an answer that was already given earlier in the thread regarding the release date. Specifically, so that I can budget accordingly with the current sale that is taking place. We were told mid to late March. Is this still going to happen? If so, it would be nice to know so that those of us with limited funds can budget accordingly. 

This isn't an arbitrary attempt to get what I want. Trust me, I have enough. But, if this product is released without good window of warning while the March Madness sale is going on, it will be difficult to forecast a budget to be allocated for each. 

Posts 1133
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:34 AM

John, I would just budget for the Journals to be in March, and then if I had any other money and wanted MM items then budget to add that also. Just my two centsWink

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 7:47 AM

That's where I am at currently. But, I'm also not convinced that we will see the journals in March. It wouldnt be the first time something came up to hinder a projected release date, right? With that said, an update would be appreciated. If it's not going to be released in March as originally projected then I have more funds to allocate towards MM. I dont think an update is too much to ask for considering the previous statement made by Faithlife in this thread.   

Posts 1272
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 9:55 AM

This is not about waving a flag for an individual resource I'm grateful for John drawing attention to it. This is about whether Logos is going to become a platform for keeping up to date with academic journals or not. So far I'm feeling that it is not :(

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 10:09 AM

John Goodman:

This is not about waving a flag for an individual resource I'm grateful for John drawing attention to it. This is about whether Logos is going to become a platform for keeping up to date with academic journals or not. So far I'm feeling that it is not :(

Exactly! Thanks John.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 3:40 PM

MJB 2.1 will not be shipping in March.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS