Romans 7

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Nicholas Roland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2016 6:46 AM

Daniel Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics has some great insights on the grammatical issues involved in exegeting Romans 7. Take a look at the index at the back for the appropriate references.

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2016 8:12 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Just goes to show you...no matter how intelligent one is (and he sure IS intelligent) when our theological bias gets in the way, it can rally take us for a ride! 

From those of us from a Reformed Perspective, we would say that the Biblical bias is what takes us for a ride.  And therefore, because it is  the Word takes us for a ride, it can  bee seen as "our theological bias."

I don't find Moo to necessarily misconstrue the text at all.

FWIW, The Three Perspectives is very good, and worth the $3.  I'd start there and dig deeper into journal articles afterwards.

Posts 778
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2016 12:36 PM

Just last night I prepared an email for some family and friends recommending this iTunesU course from Biola.

CSAP 527: Hermeneutics & Bible Study Methods (Russell) [Video]

Biola University

Dr. Walt Russell includes two lectures on Romans 7 which I found to be unique and quite compelling.  The earlier lecture which includes Galations serves as an introduction to his position on Romans 7.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS