Text Comparison tool stops following Bible text after highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22
Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 27 2016 11:37 AM

I have a Bible reading plan layout with my Bible and the Text Comparison tool open so I can see the differences in translation. The Bible is the "A" reference and the Text Comparison tool is linked to "A."

When I open the Verbum software and go to this layout, the Text Comparison tool tracks the Bible text as expected when I scroll. When I select text in the Bible to highlight it, though, the Text Comparison tool gets "stuck" on this passage and stops scrolling as I move on through my scripture reading.

Is this a bug in the software or is there something I'm missing here?

Posts 24931
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 12:28 PM

Both will initially show the highlighted passage and both should be "stuck" on that passage until the highlighted text is scrolled out of sight

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 22
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 12:55 PM

Yes. That's what "should" happen, but it doesn't. That's why I posted the problem. 

Posts 24931
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 1:08 PM

Be more specific. What OS? What version of Verbum?

What role does the bible reading plan play? Is it current with the bible as it scrolls? Does removing the plan have an effect?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 61
Dean Stow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 6:50 PM

I honestly don't know if this will help but here it is...

I was having a similar problem when I had the copy bible verse pane open (Tools | Copy Bible Verses).

Everything worked as expected until I clicked on a footnote which took me to another verse. After that, the Copy Bible Verses page did not keep sync.

I tried setting the link on the windows to A.  I finally figured out what was happening.

When I clicked on the footnote, Logos opened the verse in my number 1 preferred bible which was not the bible I had been working in at the time.  I did not notice (at the time) that a new tab had opened.

I changed my top preferred bible to the one I was working in and had no more problems after that.

Again, I don't know if this has anything to do with what you are experiencing but there it is.  I hope it is helpful.

Dean

Posts 22
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 6:53 PM

It's Verbum 6 on OS X. None of your other questions make any sense.

It's obviously a bug. I'll contact support.

Thanks.

Posts 22
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 6:56 PM

Thanks Dean. There was no Bible switching for me. The Bible I was working in was my preferred Bible and I wasn't clicking any links. Just highlighting a passage. I tried clicking back on the same Bible too. No luck. Synced scrolling wouldn't return until I quit and re-opened the app.

Posts 22
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 7:42 PM

Rereading my comment above, "None of your other questions make any sense" seems kind of harsh. It wasn't meant to be. I simply meant I didn't understand the questions because they don't seem to apply to what I was asking about. My apologies if they offended.

Such are the perils of electronic communication with no body language or tone I guess.

Posts 26530
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 10:22 PM

Within the last couple of weeks, another specific "freezing" of the comparison tool has been reported and acknowledged by Faithlife.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 10:34 PM

Thanks for that MJ. Sounds like it's being worked on. I hope they fix it soon. It's a very useful tool.

Posts 24931
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2016 1:58 PM

Scott Spinola:
I simply meant I didn't understand the questions because they don't seem to apply to what I was asking about. My apologies if they offended.

That's fine. I was trying to isolate any effect of your bible reading plan in your bible reading plan layout. Does closing the panel with the plan have an effect? Does closing any non-resource panels have an effect?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS