Indexer crash and 6,9 SR-1 installation stuck

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 29 2016 5:12 AM

Can anyone figure out what I need to do to get this laptop install back on track?

6.9 is installed and the update to SR-1 seems to be stuck in progress, meanwhile the indexer crashes.

Logs attached:

5123.LogosError.log

0333.LogosIndexerError.log

8640.LogosIndexerCrash.txt

Many thanks.

Posts 24850
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2016 1:31 PM

You have 9 GB free space on the L: drive which is insufficient for indexing. Bump it to 25 GB or 15% of its capacity, whichever is greater. Assuming the main index is crashing, delete the folder L:\Logos4\Data\kvjzx2av.nzo\LibraryIndex and restart Logos.

If the update still fails use this link to manually update.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 12:14 PM

Thanks Dave:  Fixes in progress:

• Expanding the drive capacity took a little more time than expected as neither Windows 10 Disk Manager nor Acronis Disk Director would simply add the 24GB space freed up from the adjacent partition.  I had to copy the logos folder from Drive L: to a USB HD, delete the L: drive partition and then make a new L: drive partition using all the freed space, then copy the logos folder back to the new larger L: drive.
  • Had to update to 6.9 SR-1 manually as the installation download still got hug up (should not have been still be installing the update after a couple of hours if it were going to work without manual intervention...).  I assume the download must somehow have been corrupted given insufficient disk space and competing with indexing.
  • The indexer is still working so I will leave that going to see if it can complete without crashing.
Posts 24850
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 12:29 PM

David J. Wilson:
neither Windows 10 Disk Manager nor Acronis Disk Director would simply add the 24GB space freed up from the adjacent partition.

No surprise with the former, but the Acronis can accomplish that in 2 to 3 operations (a mix of adjust size and move partition); depending where the  free space is.

David J. Wilson:
The indexer is still working

Let us know the result.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 201
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 5:02 PM

Acronis said it would do it in 3 operations but failed after the system restart it requested.

Indexing went to 49% over several hours (slow system) then crashed again so I deleted the LibraryIndex folder as suggested and have restarted Logos to get it to reconstruct the index.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS