BUG: Logos Biblical Greek Keyboard

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 100
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 29 2016 9:47 AM

I am using the Biblical Greek Keyboard for my dissertation and have run into a bug related to the keyboard. After the first time I use the keyboard I begin to have trouble with smart quotes. When I type a quotation mark, straight quote is not replaced, but rather the next character typed ads a smart quote in place of the letter. This means that things have been misspelled in the document.

To show you what I am talking about, I have inserted a snipping where I typed: "quote" me

You can see what happens in Word.

Jarred

Posts 1

Jarred, you get the same effect in Word 2016

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2016 9:50 PM

Jarred Edgecombe:
I am using the Biblical Greek Keyboard for my dissertation and have run into a bug related to the keyboard. After the first time I use the keyboard I begin to have trouble with smart quotes. When I type a quotation mark, straight quote is not replaced, but rather the next character typed ads a smart quote in place of the letter. This means that things have been misspelled in the document.

So, don't use smart quotes — it doesn't need to look pretty (or you could probably go back and edit it using the English language keyboard).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS