Autosave

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 2 2016 7:16 AM

What if there were an option to autosave a layout? For example, I set a parameter to auto-update a particular layout. Now while I'm working with that layout, I close some resources, open some resources. Now I load another layout (or close the app). I would like to either automatically "update active" layout with the changes I've made, or at least be prompted with the option to do so. This would solve recent questions about saving one's place in open books without resorting to favorites, which still need to be manually updated. I realize the layout was captured in the history, but I don't want to dig through that.

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 9:29 AM

Zak Metz:
What if there were an option to autosave a layout?

There is.

Zak Metz:
I would like to either automatically "update active" layout with the changes I've made

Type "update active layout" into Command window. 

Drag that command to the shortcut bar.

Then at any time just click on it and the current layout will be up-dated [saved] in present state.

[Or have I missed something in your post?] 

Regards, SteveF

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 9:34 AM

That's cool, but that's not "automatic." I want the app to prompt me. When I'm thinking about the layout I'm switching to and what I'm going to do when I get there, I'm not thinking about saving the current layout. It's easily forgotten. I want the tool to do the work of remembering and reminding.

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 9:38 AM

Zak Metz:
That's cool, but that's not "automatic.

Ah ... understood.

Sorry, am not aware of any option.

Except in that "Layouts" "dropdown" at the top right of the desktop the software does save "continually" 

It is not a "reminder" but at least you do not have to churn through the History tool.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 9:47 AM

Great suggestion. I too have it on my ribbon, but sometimes I forget to update and then close off a layout and then reopen it and find out that it was not saved to the most current setting.

Much like the auto-save in MS Word.

mm.

mm.

Posts 872
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 11:18 AM

Zak Metz:

What if there were an option to autosave a layout?

If that feature WERE added, I would want a Setting so that I could turn it off. I have a Talmud layout that saves my place from one reading session to the next. I also jump into the Talmud to check some odd cross-reference, so I would hate to have auto-save lose my place in the grand scheme.

Just my two cents,
Jack

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 12:05 PM

Added to UserVoice. Yes, Jack, I agree...it should be prompted.

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/12568371-save-layout

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2016 1:53 PM

Just voted

Zak Metz:

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/12568371-save-layout

mm.

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 4:59 AM

Zak Metz:

Good suggestion.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS