Retiring the Send-to-Kindle Feature on 3/31

Page 1 of 9 (163 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 162 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 7 2016 10:43 AM

Due to a combination of technical, legal, and permission issues outside our control, we're going to retire the send-to-Kindle feature on 3/31. You'll be able to use the service through the end of the month. After that point, it will no longer work. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Update: Books already sent to Kindle will not be affected by this change. You will be able to continue to enjoy them on your Kindle after 3/31.

Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 10:56 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

I'm glad that I haven't bought a Kindle. I feel sorry for you for all of the flak that you will probably receive from upset users.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
we're going to retire the send-to-Kindle feature on 3/31.

I imagine that you are about to update the page that you just linked to with a note that Send to Kindle is being retired.

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 10:58 AM

SineNomine:
I imagine that you are about to update the page that you just linked to with a note that Send to Kindle is being retired.

Yes. We'll be updated all of our marketing communication shortly.

Posts 512
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:01 AM

SineNomine:
all of the flak that you will probably receive from upset users

I think it would be sad if that happens. It sounds like there is no other option for Logos, that their hands are tied. We' just need to be glad we have had it for this amount of time.

Posts 87
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:06 AM

Sad

Is it possible to change to 100 page restriction on the export to word feature to make it easier for people to use Amazon's own "send to kindle" feature as a replacement?

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:09 AM

There will be obvious blow back in that several people claimed to have upgraded to 6 for only this reason. It is not something I ever used and am perfectly happy reading my FL products on my iPad.

-Dan

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:12 AM

This is terrible news. I rely on that feature, and it keeps my buying Logos books instead of Kindle books.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:23 AM

Betcha the Upload button for Personal Books is next.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 11:27 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Due to a combination of technical, legal, and permission issues outside our control, we're going to retire the send-to-Kindle feature on 3/31. You'll be able to use the service through the end of the month. After that point, it will no longer work. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Noooooo!!!!!

My only consolation is that it wasn't enabled on most of the books I wanted to transfer.

Posts 4
Bradley Ermeling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:08 PM

Will this only limit the sending of additional resources? Will resources already sent to kindle continue to work?

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:12 PM

Bradley Ermeling:
Will this only limit the sending of additional resources? Will resources already sent to kindle continue to work?

Great question, which I probably should have addressed in the original post. Once a resource is sent to Kindle, it will continue to work even after we retire the feature.

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:24 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Due to a combination of technical, legal, and permission issues outside our control, we're going to retire the send-to-Kindle feature on 3/31.

Sigh. Sad

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 12:42 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Betcha the Upload button for Personal Books is next.

I, myself, doubt if the upload personal books feature will go away. I could be wrong, but it appears that the discrepancy between Faithlife and Amazon would be more legal than anything else. The personal book (PB) feature is exclusively Faithlife/Logos.

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:01 PM

U

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Due to a combination of technical, legal, and permission issues outside our control, we're going to retire the send-to-Kindle feature on 3/31. 

Crying

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 782
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:07 PM

Mark Barnes:

This is terrible news. I rely on that feature....

Mark (or anyone else) -- If you have a moment, can you elaborate, please? I'm interested because I used the feature at first, but eventually found it redundant since I could access my FL resources in a FL mobile app.

This question arises from more than mere curiosity. If there's a compelling reason to use the kindle in this way, I might spend a bit of time over the next 24 days or so taking advantage of the feature before it goes away.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:13 PM

Lew Worthington:

Mark (or anyone else) -- If you have a moment, can you elaborate, please? I'm interested because I used the feature at first, but eventually found it redundant since I could access my FL resources in a FL mobile app.

This question arises from more than mere curiosity. If there's a compelling reason to use the kindle in this way, I might spend a bit of time over the next 24 days or so taking advantage of the feature before it goes away.

Personally, I prefer to read on a Kindle Paperwhite over a computer/phone/tablet. Nothing beats the Logos universe for research: notes, cross-references and everything else that falls under the umbrella of research. But when I need to simply read a block of text efficiently, the paperwhite experience is second to none.

I did not find an efficient way to transfer highlights and notes back to Logos, but going through that process manually provides some good review.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:41 PM

alabama24:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Sigh. Sad

Double sigh.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:42 PM

William Gabriel:
Personally, I prefer to read on a Kindle Paperwhite over a computer/phone/tablet. Nothing beats the Logos universe for research: notes, cross-references and everything else that falls under the umbrella of research. But when I need to simply read a block of text efficiently, the paperwhite experience is second to none.

Precisely.

If I want to read my Logos books on an eInk display, I'm now going to be forced to buy e-Ink Android devices and use the Logos app on there. That's going to cost me the best part of $200 Sad.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:44 PM

Mark Barnes:

If I want to read my Logos books on an eInk display, I'm now going to be forced to buy e-Ink Android devices and use the Logos app on there. That's going to cost me the best part of $200 Sad.

If you find a good one, let us know about it.

Posts 26255
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2016 1:46 PM

Sad as Kindle is my device of choice for many purposes. I suppose I should spend the rest of the month sending resources over.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 9 (163 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS