BDB versions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 367
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 8 2016 1:34 PM

I just came across a bill that I paid back in 1999 to Logos Research Systems, Inc. for the "Unabridged Brown Driver Briggs Facsimile," but I can't find it in my library. What else would it be called?

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2016 1:53 PM

Enhanced Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon

Posts 367
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2016 1:58 PM

That's what I thought....but I wasn't sure...I vaguely remembered having 3 different copies....I have the abridged version, and then the enhanced, and for some reason I thought the enhanced was different than the facsimile copy.

Posts 1463
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 9 2016 5:58 AM

Charlene:

I just came across a bill that I paid back in 1999 to Logos Research Systems, Inc. for the "Unabridged Brown Driver Briggs Facsimile," but I can't find it in my library. What else would it be called?

This was actually a facsimile version of the BDB. Facsimile as in page images. Pictures of pages. I believe we had lemmas indexed with each page. We did this as a stopgap to make the materia available before we could do the actual BDB ("Enhanced BDB"). I believe folks who had this got a discount on the Enhanced BDB when it was produced. My guess is that the resource is no longer supported because it doesn't need to be; we now have the full-text, fully-indexed edition.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 367
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 9 2016 6:51 AM

Thanks, Rick...I thought that might be the case, but just wanted to be sure!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS