Revised English Bible

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 1:07 AM

Bill Nienhuis:

And back to the REB and NEB for a moment...we are working to bring these to Logos Bible Software. Hopefully soon.

Bill

That is marvellous news. Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:18 AM

MJ. Smith:
Fascinating - I would have assumed there were early Unitarian commentaries ... they did produce a fairly comprehensive catechism. Now I'm curious and will have to check.

That might be possible. Had Joseph Thayer written commentaries he would have been representative.

Posts 14
Réjean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:27 PM

Thank you all for the information provided, it looks promissing (as a bible software), and I am pleased to find out this group is open minded!

I'll be waiting to see what MJ finds out!

Posts 135
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:56 PM

YEAH!!!!

Posts 50
Ron Newberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:21 AM

Yeah!!!  Keep us informed.  Eagerly awaiting.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:18 PM

Bill Nienhuis:

And back to the REB and NEB for a moment...we are working to bring these to Logos Bible Software. Hopefully soon.

Ha-zah! Yes

Praise the Lord!!

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:57 PM

Alan Macgregor:
I would also like the J.B. Phillips translation/paraphrase of the New Testament originally published in late 1940s by Geoffrey Bles with an Introduction by C.S. Lewis, no less.

Yes  I agree.

PS  Anyone know how come the Edit Tags link shows up in my posts?

Posts 36346
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:09 PM

Scot Jefferies:
PS  Anyone know how come the Edit Tags link shows up in my posts?

If I understand you correctly, you are referring to the option to add search tags to your post. They in turn create the tag cloud on the right hand side.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:17 PM

Thanks MJ.  I'm referring to the bottom of each of my posts.  It shows a small blue hyperlink [Edit Tags] in blue.  I don't see that on your posts.  Is that because only I can edit links on my posts?  Do you see that under your posts.  I only put tags in if I think they'd help someonelse.  Not sure how I'd search on other's tags either.

Posts 36346
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:21 PM

Scot Jefferies:
Do you see that under your posts.

Yes, and only on my notes. It's a quicker way to edit the tags on your posts than going more --> edit to bring up the main text.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 63
Scot Jefferies | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:31 PM

Thanks MJ.  You cleared up one of my great mysteries of the forum questions.  Thank you too for your service to all of us as an MVP!  All your work blesses me and so many others.

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:06 PM

MJ. Smith:

Michael Aubrey:
The bigger problem is that, as far as I know, there are no academic non-trinitarian commentaries.

Fascinating - I would have assumed there were early Unitarian commentaries ... they did produce a fairly comprehensive catechism. Now I'm curious and will have to check.

I would also expect that there would have been at least one produced out of the Oneness Pentecostal movement.  I know several of their denominations run bible colleges... I wonder what they use in their curriculum.

MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM
MacOS 10.6.6 and Windows 7 Pro

Posts 50
Ron Newberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:22 PM

Very excited to hear this!!  Hope it doesn't take too long.  Will it have the apocrypha?

Posts 6010
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 9:48 PM

Bill Nienhuis:

Given that there now seems to be a relationship with Cambridge University Press  it would be great to see a lot more of their material, not just biblical but in the area of general linguistics some titles would be a valuable additiion to Logos.  But REB is a good start.  Also Yes for NEB!

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 9:14 AM

Andrew McKenzie:
it would be great to see a lot more of their material, not just biblical but in the area of general linguistics some titles would be a valuable additiion to Logos.

Don't count on it. Cambridge is pretty committed to Adobe Digital Editions.

Posts 6010
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 1:35 PM

Michael Aubrey:

Andrew McKenzie:
it would be great to see a lot more of their material, not just biblical but in the area of general linguistics some titles would be a valuable additiion to Logos.

Don't count on it. Cambridge is pretty committed to Adobe Digital Editions.

Very True.

Posts 14
Réjean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2012 3:38 PM

Good News!

I have pre-Ordered the "Revised English Bible", hope there is enough request for it.

That's the bible I am using most for my studies, along with the NIV and the Louis Second (I am French).

Posts 4
Hal J. Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:53 PM

I am using it more and more! I just wish people would hurry up and buy it, or Logos just "speed up" the process.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS