How to make this stuff work.

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 12:57 PM

Sascha John:

Even talks about Logos 4 it's a great Help. Also the 30 Day Bible Challenger. Here you learn to use Logos practical.

I have Logos 6.  Do I need to learn Logos 4?

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:24 PM

David Roth:

Sascha John:

Even talks about Logos 4 it's a great Help. Also the 30 Day Bible Challenger. Here you learn to use Logos practical.

I have Logos 6.  Do I need to learn Logos 4?

Not at all. The user interface and basic functionality of L4, 5 and 6 is very similar. That's why people recommend helpful videos and training courses that were made for L4 but still hold much value - even if a certain control is at a slightly different place right now. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 1:46 PM

Ok.  I was just looking at Luke 22:20.  I wanted to look up the meaning of diatheke in BDAG.  I think I have BDAG and looked stuff up before, but now it would only give me Strongs.  I ran the verse in Exegetical Guide, no luck.  Did not even list a lexicon.    Ugh.

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 2:05 PM

Unfortunately, I have the same problem ... I'm posting it as a bug to see if someone more knowledgeable about Greek has the answer.

See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124319/811752.aspx#811752 and yes it is frustrating when something doesn't work ... but thanks for asking because we'll either get a good explanation or get it fixed ... which helps everyone.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:22 PM

David Roth:

Ok.  I was just looking at Luke 22:20.  I wanted to look up the meaning of diatheke in BDAG.  I think I have BDAG and looked stuff up before, but now it would only give me Strongs.  I ran the verse in Exegetical Guide, no luck.  Did not even list a lexicon.    Ugh.

Strange - I got the information I would have expected as below

Are you able to post a screenshot of your Exegetical Guide in a reply to this thread using the paperclip icon?

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:25 PM

Does you mean the link icon on this box?  And how will that you show my computer?

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:29 PM

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:32 PM

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:33 PM

I paste the print screen stuff here, and it shows up in this box, but it posts as blank.

Posts 235
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:33 PM

Sounds like you need to sit down with a Logos user for an hour or so to get you started.  Perhaps others in the Forum could direct you to a group in your hometown and you could link up at a Starbucks or something.  I know I have introduced several people to Logos that way and I am by no means a power user.  But I get it to do what I want it to do.

-john

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:39 PM

Hi.  My town does not have a dry cleaners, much less a Starbucks.  I'm glad it works for you.

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 3:42 PM

David Roth:

I paste the print screen stuff here, and it shows up in this box, but it posts as blank.

Sorry what I was suggesting is that you click on the paperclip icon (outlined below) in the reply editor

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 4:09 PM

MJ. Smith:

Unfortunately, I have the same problem ... I'm posting it as a bug to see if someone more knowledgeable about Greek has the answer.

See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124319/811752.aspx#811752 and yes it is frustrating when something doesn't work ... but thanks for asking because we'll either get a good explanation or get it fixed ... which helps everyone.

Posted reply => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124319/811779.aspx#811779 with BDAG explanation, which is not a bug.

Logos 30 Day Training mentions Prioritization in Day 2 => https://www.logos.com/30-day-training-2

Help includes Library => Resource Priority

Help See Also has Logos wiki link => https://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2016 10:40 PM

David

I have Logos 6 too but found (and find it verry helpfull to watch this Videos of Logos 4 it gives you the Basis to understand. I also found helpfull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QENcs4mik

You need to spend Time to understand Logos

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 6:59 AM

David Roth:

That's because you have to upload rather than paste graphics.  Click the little paperclip icon at the top of the edit screen when you hit reply and you can upload your graphic.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 7:30 AM

I am sorry you feel this way David. I use Logos every day multiple times a day and have no problems with it. I admit I have trained myself to use it with all the tools available. You already have the examples of training in previous comments, but I will tell you to look up John Fallahee at http://www.learnlogos.com. His training is not expensive and you can sign up for live webinars that are free. Over time as you learn how to do things, that frustration you feel will disappear.

Posts 26492
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 1:58 PM

David, this is a very frustrating problem to me because from a distance I cannot tell whether it is a matter of your priorities or a corrupted index. Because it could be the latter, it would be appropriate to call Logos tech services.

I am so annoyed that the first problem that came up for you was a puzzler as I had hoped to be able to get you started by showing you the answers were usually quite simple and were easy to learn. Please keep asking questions ... I'm bound to be able to answer most of them.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20
David Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 2:18 PM

Hi.  Well, my priority is to write two sermons. And I have them underway.  I usually write them without Logos, so

what is new.  And the problem was that it did not show up on the right side bar as it usually does.  Or I should say sometimes does.  I don't use

it enough to say usually.   Some one else showed me I can find lexicons under Word for Word - which is why there is not category labeled Lexicons.

Let's not you be frustrated, too.  One frustrated person is more than enough.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 3:50 PM

David Roth:
Let's not you be frustrated, too.  One frustrated person is more than enough.

David,

Your persistence is admirable.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 4:56 PM

David Roth:

And the problem was that it did not show up on the right side bar as it usually does.  Or I should say sometimes does.  I don't use it enough to say usually. 

What is your Library prioritization of lexicons ?  If a lexicon with Greek Strong's Numbers is prioritized before BDAG, then Information tool only shows Strong's Number definition

By the way, Bible Word Study can show list of all lexicons with Greek lemma.

If BDAG is the highest prioritized lexicon, then Information tool shows definitions for Greek lemma and Strong's number:

Removed concise Strong's Dictionary from Prioritize followed by moving BDAG up to highest prioritized lexicon then refreshed Information.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS