How Quickly do Mobil Ed Courses appear in Faithlife TV

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 22 2016 6:01 PM

A couple of pre-pub Mobile Ed courses I purchased were downloaded to my Logos installation yesterday, but still aren't showing up in Faithlife TV as of tonight.

Just wondering if there is a typical time delay one should expect before seeing courses show up there.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 9:38 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
A couple of pre-pub Mobile Ed courses I purchased

If it happens to be LA151 and LA161, "Learn to Use Hebrew and Greek with Logos 6", then unfortunately, they have not been able to get them on the TV since the class shipped, several months ago

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:05 AM

In this case, the courses are OT302 (Book Study:Genesis) and OT303 (Theology of Genesis).

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:20 AM

I called Support to see if I could get any help there and was told they could "not" help--that my only option was the forum and that developers should see my post and respond.

Hello, developers!  Smile

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 8:40 AM

I purchased NT331 Romans and NT156 the Easter special almost two weeks ago and there is no sign of them showing up on Faithlife TV yet. So I had to hook up my laptop to my TV. I like to watch the videos all the way through first of all before going back and watching the segments one at a time and studying the recommended readings.

I also noticed with ED121 Introducing Evangelism, while it appeared on Faithlife TV, if I selected "play all" it played the segments in reverse order, starting with the conclusion!

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 9:11 AM

James Milne Smith:

I purchased NT331 Romans and NT156 the Easter special almost two weeks ago and there is no sign of them showing up on Faithlife TV yet. So I had to hook up my laptop to my TV. I like to watch the videos all the way through first of all before going back and watching the segments one at a time and studying the recommended readings.

I also noticed with ED121 Introducing Evangelism, while it appeared on Faithlife TV, if I selected "play all" it played the segments in reverse order, starting with the conclusion!

Interesting!  I also had a problem with another ME course (NT221 The Wisdom of John: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Johannine Literature), in which it wouldn't play at all.  It showed up in my list of courses, but selecting it would result in a total exit from the course list, and if on the Roku, an exit back to the Roku Home page.  It's finally working now, but it was that way for several weeks.

Seems like there's a little fine-tuning that needs to be done to ensure ME courses show up and that they play properly when they do.  Sad

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 2:18 PM

Hello,

I am currently working on fixing both the missing courses and the reverse playback order issues. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will reply here in the next day or so when the issues are fixed.

Thanks for your patience during these early days of the Faithlife TV platform.

It's exciting that people are using the platform and care enough about it to speak out when things are broken. We appreciate the feedback.

Patrick

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 2:20 PM

Thank you Patrick 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 7:19 PM

Patrick Nausha:

Hello,

I am currently working on fixing both the missing courses and the reverse playback order issues. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will reply here in the next day or so when the issues are fixed.

Thanks for your patience during these early days of the Faithlife TV platform.

It's exciting that people are using the platform and care enough about it to speak out when things are broken. We appreciate the feedback.

Patrick

Greatly appreciated, Patrick!

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 12:05 PM

I need for the Easter one, the Christian Thought one, and the Doctrine of Man one to appear. Those haven't yet. I'd love to watch those on my Apple TV.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:35 PM

Hello again,

I hope you all are having a blessed Good Friday. I'm pleased to announce that we just shipped 25 missing Mobile Ed courses to Faithlife TV! We also fixed a few bugs. Unfortunately many of the missing courses you all mention here are still missing. But I'll address your issues one by one:

James Taylor:

If it happens to be LA151 and LA161, "Learn to Use Hebrew and Greek with Logos 6", then unfortunately, they have not been able to get them on the TV since the class shipped, several months ago

These are now available, James. Sorry for the delay. Let me know if you have any more issues.

Rick Ausdahl:

In this case, the courses are OT302 (Book Study:Genesis) and OT303 (Theology of Genesis).

These are still missing, Rick. I sincerely apologize and recognize this must be frustrating news since yours was the original thread post.

James Milne Smith:

I purchased NT331 Romans and NT156 the Easter special almost two weeks ago and there is no sign of them showing up on Faithlife TV yet.

NT331 is available. NT156 is not yet.

James Milne Smith:

This should be fixed. Let me know if it happens again.

Nathan Parker:

I need for the Easter one, the Christian Thought one, and the Doctrine of Man one to appear. Those haven't yet. I'd love to watch those on my Apple TV.

Sorry, these are all missing still.

Issues with the new courses that I will continue to work on:

1. On Roku and Apple TV, videos in a course show up as a flat list rather than in groupings. E.g. a grouping like "What Are the Gospels?" in NT301 wouldn't appear in a new course.
  2. Saving and resuming your last played position may not be 100% reliable between devices.

This was the best I could do before a holiday weekend and will continue looking into the missing courses. Thanks for your reports.

Happy Easter!

Patrick

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2016 7:48 PM

Thanks, Patrick, you are a Star! Wishing you a blessed Easter also.

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 1:15 AM

But NT331 still not showing up on my Apple TV.

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2016 5:07 AM

Patrick Nausha:

Hello again,

I hope you all are having a blessed Good Friday. I'm pleased to announce that we just shipped 25 missing Mobile Ed courses to Faithlife TV! We also fixed a few bugs. Unfortunately many of the missing courses you all mention here are still missing. But I'll address your issues one by one:

Rick Ausdahl:

These are still missing, Rick. I sincerely apologize and recognize this must be frustrating news since yours was the original thread post.

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick--sounds like you've been a busy beaver!  I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates.  I hope you have a wonderful Easter.  Smile 

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2016 5:12 AM

It's here now!

Posts 99
LogosEmployee
Patrick Nausha (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 6:17 PM

LA151, LA161, OT302, OT303, NT156, NT331, TH221, and TH200 are now available. Let me know of any more issues or if some courses are still missing.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Software Developer
Faithlife

Posts 711
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 7:32 PM

Patrick Nausha:

LA151, LA161, OT302, OT303, NT156, NT331, TH221, and TH200 are now available. Let me know of any more issues or if some courses are still missing.

Thank you, Patrick.  I am still missing AP113, NT156, and Meditations on the Life of Christ.  DIY Bible Study and Look at the Book Labs are also missing.  They all appear in the "Courses" group in iOS devices, and are categorized as "Type:Courseware Textbook."  The last two are the only two that are not categorized as "Series:Logos Mobile Education.  Any thoughts?

Posts 711
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 8:47 PM

A quick update for you, Patrick:  AP113 and NT156 now appear on the Faithlife TV web site, but not on my AppleTV.  DIY Bible Study, Mediations on the Life of Christ and Look at the Book Labs are still missing from the Faithlife TV web site and from my AppleTV.

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 1 2016 8:25 AM

Patrick Nausha:

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, Patrick!

OT302 & OT303 do in fact now show and play.  However (I know ...that's a dirty word and I'm sorry to use it), there is a problem with some courses in that when re-entering Faithlife TV, they don't pick up where I left off--they reposition to the beginning of the course.  While inconvenient in a short course, in longer courses such as OT302 (with 82 sessions) that begins to result in a LOT of clicks to drill back down to your current position in the course.

Here's a list of the courses I have, designating which courses do pick up where they left off and which don't.  It would be very helpful if the courses that don't are fixed.

• OT201   No
  • OT301   Yes
  • OT302   No
  • OT303   No
  • NT221   Yes
  • NT311   Yes

NOTE:  The courses are being viewed via Roku 2.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 5:17 PM

Patrick Nausha:
Let me know if you have any more issues.

LA151 causes a crash back to the home screen on Roku every time I try to select it

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS