Send to Kindle?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 7 2016 8:02 PM

I noticed that Kindle and Logos share books recently and saw a forum that said they were discontinuing the sservice. I checked further and logos has this page on their website that walks you through the process and mentions the cut off date: https://www.logos.com/training/logos6/desktop/send-to-kindle.

It states that this will end on 4/17 and it is currently 4/7. That gives me ten days to download books into Kindle so I have to be judicious. Regardless, I followed all the steps and created the account necessary, but when I click for an available book to download, it says "Kindle upload in progress..." and it loads for forever and never completes the upload. Books that are too large will state "Manage Mobile Devices" instead of "Send to Kindle." I understand they are too large, so this post is limited to the ones available for upload. What am I missing? Why aren't these books being uploaded, yet act as if they are? Thank you kindly.

Sincerely,

Steve Jones

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 8:56 PM

The queue is clogged by volume but the server will not be turned off until everything in the queue is uploaded.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 9:10 PM

I'm not sure what happened or when it happened, but I don't even get the option to send it to kindle.  Even though the logos email is on the amazon account and my kindle email is on my logos account. 

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 10:14 PM

Are you sure that the resource is eligible to be sent to Kindle? or is the option not showing for all resources.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 10:18 PM

MJ. Smith:

Are you sure that the resource is eligible to be sent to Kindle? or is the option not showing for all resources.

not showing up for all resources, including ones I have previously sent when the feature first was announced in L6

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 10:44 PM

And the ones previously sent don't show up as sent? That sounds like a login issue.

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 11:18 PM

Yes they are eligible for download to the best of my knowledge. It shows the option "Send to Kindle." It is a link, and when you click it, then it reads "Kindle upload in progress." So they should be eligible.

Posts 26747
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 11:32 PM

Stephen, yours are working just fine. They are simply in a queue due to the demand. David is the one who may have sign in problems if the resources are eligible for download.

Posts 27768
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 4:38 AM

David Salazar:
I don't even get the option to send it to kindle

Are you on beta or stable?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 6:39 AM

I don't know. I went to the site I posted above and followed the instructions. However, I have been downloading a couple of books for over twelve hours now and not one book had been uploaded. I did it for one book for about three hours with no luck. It should be working and it is not. If you get it, good luck getting any books uploaded.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 7:22 AM

Stephen Jones:

I don't know. I went to the site I posted above and followed the instructions. However, I have been downloading a couple of books for over twelve hours now and not one book had been uploaded. I did it for one book for about three hours with no luck. It should be working and it is not. If you get it, good luck getting any books uploaded.

Stephen, did you read MJ.'s post just above? The send-to-kindle requests are in a queue but all books in the queue will be uploaded before the service is terminated. Not a problem to be fixed but an inconvenience to be endured. Everyone is currently facing this issue - some books I sent took two days or more to upload.  I sent a few this morning and I don't expect to see them in my Kindle archive till late tomorrow or Sunday, if not later.

Further troubleshooting queries (like alabama24's above) are meant to attempt a fix for David Salazar's problem.

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 8:48 AM

Yes, I did see MJ's post. But I also see one of my books just get the boot too. But I didn't know it could take a couple of days. Thanks for the update.I only wish Logos could extend it. I'd like to get my journals on Kindle.

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 10:32 AM

Stephen Jones:
Thanks for the update.I only wish Logos could extend it.

Phil has stated that so long as resources are queued before the deadline they will be sent - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/123765/814544.aspx#814544 

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 11:03 AM

alabama24:

David Salazar:

I'm on beta

Logos Bible Software 6.11 Beta 5

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 11:03 AM

alabama24:

David Salazar:

I'm on beta

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 11:09 AM

David Salazar:

I'm on beta

Which explains what you are seeing.

The functionality was removed in beta 4 as per https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6.11_Beta_4 

And see Mick's comment at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124553/812940.aspx#812940 

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 12:00 PM

Graham Criddle:

Which explains what you are seeing.

The functionality was removed in beta 4 as per https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6.11_Beta_4 [show] 

And see Mick's comment at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/124553/812940.aspx#812940 

Thanks... Now I got it working.

Posts 105
Stephen Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 12:10 PM

Someone is a happy camper now! :)
Thanks to all for your support.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS