Suggestion - Apologetics Resources.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 66
Thomas Wooded | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 8 2016 7:26 PM

It would be very useful to have some publications from other sects for apologetics research, etc.

I would especially like to have the New World Translation of the Bible (the Jehovah's Witnesses translation) and The Book of Mormon. Being able to search, etc. in Logos would be very helpful. (I guessing the licensing would be the hard part.)

Any comments from Logos team members? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo & 4GB RAM
MacOS 10.6.6 and Windows 7 Pro

Posts 74
Bill Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 3:01 PM

Thomas Wooded:

It would be very useful to have some publications from other sects for apologetics research, etc.

I would especially like to have the New World Translation of the Bible (the Jehovah's Witnesses translation) and The Book of Mormon. Being able to search, etc. in Logos would be very helpful. (I guessing the licensing would be the hard part.)

Any comments from Logos team members? Thanks!

If those publications are made available, you would probably want The Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants as well since Mormons consider those equally inspired with the Book of Mormon.  And they would be especially useful since most of the Mormons I've encountered haven't really studied, or even read, those other books (in which, Joseph Smith makes some of his more radical claims).  Come to think of it, having the KJV with Joseph Smith's notes might also be a good addition (since most Mormons I've talked with insist that the "Bible" can be trusted only when it is "correctly" translated via Joseph Smith).

Posts 32150
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 3:11 PM

Mormon Studies Collection (45 vols.)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 74
Bill Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 11:33 AM

Nice link, MJ!  I didn't know such a bundle was being offered in Community Pricing. 

Any idea which edition of the Book of Mormon is being offered in the bundle (since the LDS Church has edited it a few times since it was originally written)?

Posts 32150
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 13 2016 12:03 PM

No knowledge beyong what the web page says.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS