Visual filter from word list?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 60
Stephen Harper | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 4:20 AM

Is there a straightforward way to create a visual filter from a word list.

What I'm trying to achieve is to quickly identify lemmas from one text occurring in another. I created a search for all morphs to identify all lemmas in the base passage but I'm unsure how to proceed from here, other than copying all lemmas into a visual filter manually,  which seems very laborious and prone to error.

I am aware of the ability to merge word lists, but this doesn't achieve all I want - I.e. no visual filter.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:03 AM

Stephen Harper:
What I'm trying to achieve is to quickly identify lemmas from one text occurring in another. I created a search for all morphs to identify all lemmas in the base passage but I'm unsure how to proceed from here, other than copying all lemmas into a visual filter manually,  which seems very laborious and prone to error.

There's not an easy way to do this. The quickest way I know is:

1. Export your Word List to Microsoft Excel.
  2. Copy the lemma column to the clipboard.
  3. In Microsoft Word, create a new document, and do "Paste Special". Choose "Unformatted Unicode Text".
  4. Click Replace
  5. Now in the Find box enter a space, and in the replace box enter a colon. Click Replace All
  6. Now in Find, enter ^p. In Replace enter >, <Lemma = lbs/he/
  7. Click Replace All.
  8. Delete the extra , <Lemma = lbs/he/ from the end of the document, and the Lemma>, from the top of the document.

Now, copy the document and paste that into your visual filter.

Note that you will have to replace the /he/ with /arc/ or /el/ for Aramaic or Greek.

This technique is based on an earlier one (see here for more details, with screenshots), but that earlier technique doesn't work with Logos 6.11.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS