Visual filter from word list?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 60
Stephen Harper | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 11 2016 4:20 AM

Is there a straightforward way to create a visual filter from a word list.

What I'm trying to achieve is to quickly identify lemmas from one text occurring in another. I created a search for all morphs to identify all lemmas in the base passage but I'm unsure how to proceed from here, other than copying all lemmas into a visual filter manually,  which seems very laborious and prone to error.

I am aware of the ability to merge word lists, but this doesn't achieve all I want - I.e. no visual filter.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:03 AM

Stephen Harper:
What I'm trying to achieve is to quickly identify lemmas from one text occurring in another. I created a search for all morphs to identify all lemmas in the base passage but I'm unsure how to proceed from here, other than copying all lemmas into a visual filter manually,  which seems very laborious and prone to error.

There's not an easy way to do this. The quickest way I know is:

1. Export your Word List to Microsoft Excel.
  2. Copy the lemma column to the clipboard.
  3. In Microsoft Word, create a new document, and do "Paste Special". Choose "Unformatted Unicode Text".
  4. Click Replace
  5. Now in the Find box enter a space, and in the replace box enter a colon. Click Replace All
  6. Now in Find, enter ^p. In Replace enter >, <Lemma = lbs/he/
  7. Click Replace All.
  8. Delete the extra , <Lemma = lbs/he/ from the end of the document, and the Lemma>, from the top of the document.

Now, copy the document and paste that into your visual filter.

Note that you will have to replace the /he/ with /arc/ or /el/ for Aramaic or Greek.

This technique is based on an earlier one (see here for more details, with screenshots), but that earlier technique doesn't work with Logos 6.11.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS