Equivalent to Throckmorton's Gospel Parallel

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 17 2016 2:16 PM

I am starting to work my way through the audio of a three-week course on the Kingdom of God taught by N. T. Wright ar Regent. In the introduction, Wright suggests that every get and use Burton Throckmorton's Gospel Parallel. I don't see it as being available in Logos - can anyone suggest an equivalent resource?

James

Posts 1796
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2016 2:56 PM

There is actually a version of this for Logos. I got it from some Nelson eBible package - I think one based on Logos 2.0 instead of Libronix, so you might be able to find it if you search various software remainder sites. In my experience, Professors prefer you actually have the resource they recommend - that way they can teach the features the same way to all the members of the class.

It is a good resource - in print. The thing is that it is a rather brainless conversion of the print edition into a Logos version - with next to no tagging or anything - not even Bible or Page Numbers. Much better integrated into Logos is the Aland Synopsis. But pull up your Library with Control-L, and type in Type:"Bible Harmony" to see what all Harmonies you have already. You may have something that will work already.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 133
jwsheets | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 17 2016 7:28 PM

Ken, I followed your suggestion, and lo, and behold, I do have Aland's Synopsis of the Four Gospels! Yay! One of the problems with having such a huge library is that sometimes you don't know, or forget..., what you have available! Thanks for the tip!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 2:46 AM

Remember too that you can use the Parallel Gospel Reader tool in conjunction with Aland or any other harmony/synopsis you may have. It is handy in that you can change the version in which the text is displayed (even switch to Greek if you are proficient with it) and you can also rearrange the way the parallels are displayed using one gospel as the basis (e.g., navigate the synopsis in the order of Luke, or Mark, etc.). 

Posts 1475
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 12 2020 12:22 PM

I just noticed that Throckmorton's Gospel Parallels is available again in the Logos store: https://www.logos.com/product/1191/gospel-parallels-nrsv 

Ken McGuire:

It is a good resource - in print. The thing is that it is a rather brainless conversion of the print edition into a Logos version - with next to no tagging or anything - not even Bible or Page Numbers. Much better integrated into Logos is the Aland Synopsis. But pull up your Library with Control-L, and type in Type:"Bible Harmony" to see what all Harmonies you have already. You may have something that will work already.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS