Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 233
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 17 2016 2:24 PM

Running iOS 9.3.1 on an IPad Mini.  Using split screen the IVP Bible Background Commentary Old Testament is unreliable in tracking with the other open panel (ESV or NIV).  I even have trouble going to the index and calling up book, chapter and verse.  Have removed and downloaded the resource.  Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't.

Any ideas?

thanks

-john (I couldn't be better!)

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 12:44 AM

What seems to be the problem? - Mine looks ok on an older device!

Posts 233
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 4:18 AM

Thanks for answering Mike.  If I have ESV open in the top window and IVP Commentary on the Old Testament in the lower window and go to I Ki 12:1 in ESV I would expect the Commentary to jump to the same passage or if the Commentary has nothing to say about that particular verse, to jump as close as possible to the passage.  But, mine Commentary stays where it was already open.

Try it on yours with the 1 Ki 12:1 passage.  One possibility is that since the Commentary on 1 Ki 12:1 is a redirect to Chronicles that is is an unusual situation.  

-john

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 21703
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 4:33 AM

For me it moves to the following passage

Starting from

Entering the Kings passage takes me here

Posts 233
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 4:34 AM

A mystery for sure.  Thanks again for engaging.  

-john

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 6:58 AM

John, my experience is similar to yours.

The 'keep up' switch seems to be turned off, so the commentary seems a bit disinterested (or distracted).

Posts 21703
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 18 2016 7:26 AM

John C Connell Jr.:
A mystery for sure.  Thanks again for engaging.  

Just double-checking.

You do have the panels linked?

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 12:48 AM

I get the same results as Graham, as I understand it we are both close to the Greenwich Meridian and both have the panels linked.

Posts 233
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 3:36 AM

The panels are linked and work well with all other resources.  The others follow along like good little lambs.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS