Layout and Templates

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Michael Fanous | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 19 2016 9:50 AM

Hello all, 

I searched the forums, this might be in the wrong place. BUT....I thought it would be nice if...

Does anyone want to share their layouts or templates they use? Screenshots would be helpful.

Thanks!

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 11:48 AM

There have been a number of threads over the years like this. Here is a link to a wiki page that may help you get started with layout ideas.

https://wiki.logos.com/Layouts_useful_to_Users

Posts 2863
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 1:30 PM

Michael Fanous:
share their layouts

Here's one that might be of some interest to some.

I have quite a few reading plans that show up on my home page. Just clicking on one to read doesn't open in a layout I like. So I created a "Book Reading" layout, pictured below; I open this layout first, then click on the home page icon and select my reading plan, and the plan opens automatically in the blank area of the layout. (I keep a shortcut to the layout on the shortcut bar...for which space is very limited...please go vote for more space and customization here- https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/4293374-allow-users-to-customize-shortcut-bar-icons   ).

As you can see, if you have very good eyes (right-click and 'Open in a new window' to see it better), the layout includes four columns. The first column on the left is my Highlighting tool. I've created a palette called, "01 Book Markup (Res Spec)". The 01 is a placer (I number all my palettes), and it is a Resource Specific palette, so highlights are saved in a document that is titled as the book is titled.

The second column is blank...that's where the resource will open from the reading lists click.

The third column is stacked. The top panel is two tabs- Lookup and the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. The bottom panel is the Information tool.

The fourth column, far right, is for Clippings documents. The one that opens by default is my "Serendipitous Clippings" doc; I can easily put stuff there and move it to more specific documents later. If I happen to be reading in a more specific book, I can always easily open one or more of my other Clippings docs and tab them in that area.

I've used this basic layout for several years and really like how it works for me.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS