Any way to show in full only the highlighted portions of a resource in Logos 6?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 26 2016 3:19 PM

Hello,

I am using logos 6 and I have done extensive highlighting in one particular resource. Is there any way to show just the highlighted portions of the resource – and have it be the entire highlighted portion?

I have been able to get it to show the highlights, but it gives an excerpt. I would like to know if I can have the full text of everything I have highlighted – and only that highlighted text – show up.

Anyway to do this?

Thank you,

Mark Winder

Posts 24560
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 4:58 PM

Mark Winder:
I would like to know if I can have the full text of everything I have highlighted – and only that highlighted text – show up.

I don't think so.

Mark Winder:
I have been able to get it to show the highlights, but it gives an excerpt

Inline Search for {Highlight *} is close, but it gives an excerpt as you note.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2016 11:27 PM

Hi Mark

Might not be exactly what you are looking for but if all the highlights are in a single Notes document try looking at that document in "quotes" view

Posts 823
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 4:53 AM

Again, not quite what you're looking for but you'll see the following in the top right of most panels in Logos: 

If you select "Filter Highlight" from the drop-down, using the up & down arrows will take you between highlights in the resource. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 27260
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 4:58 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Mark

Might not be exactly what you are looking for but if all the highlights are in a single Notes document try looking at that document in "quotes" view

This is what Graham is referring to:

NOTE: This trick is only really good if you are using "resource specific" note documents (which is NOT the default behavior). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 7:09 AM

Thanks for your help everyone. Between all the suggestions, I was able to piece together something that at least comes close to what I wanted.

Thanks again!

Posts 9957
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 27 2016 8:05 AM

This comment is only to underline your query, Mark.

I have my own Bible software, which is my primary platform. One of its early functionalities was what you asked about. In my case, it's 'punch a button' for a quick collapse to highlighted only. I have a similar function in my search module, where you can tag search results, and then collapse the results to tagged only (or not tagged).

My next function was then to allow 'drawing' across highlighted sections to display the logic-flow. That exports to a mindmap.

Logos is still a ways back on text-handling and search re-mapping.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS