Greek Bible in Notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 29 2016 5:26 AM

One of the best features of notes in Logos is the automatic linking that happens when I type a full reference (or even a series of references). It uses (I presume) my top prioritized bible for the link target. Is there an easy way to (for example) link to the Greek or Hebrew of a reference rather than my top prioritized (English) bible? I know I can do this by copying and pasting the hyperlink, but that's a much longer process. Most of the time a reference to English is fine, but every now and the the point is lost unless I'm looking at texts in the original languages.

Thanks.

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 5:48 AM

One workaround is to have a Greek/Hebrew Bible open and select "send hyperlinks here" and then when you click those links it will cause your Greek/Hebrew Bible to move to that reference. 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 27913
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 1:12 PM

from the wiki

 Many times you may want to have a scripture reference to a Bible other than your preferred Bible (one that you set on the Home page). In these cases you will need to manually create the hyperlink as you would for hyperlinks to other resources. Even though Logos4 automatically creates a link to your preferred Bible you can override this when you manually create the link.

1. Type your scripture reference in your note.

2. Open the Bible that you want to link to.
  3. Make sure that the desired scripture reference is showing in the reference box of your Bible.

4. In your Bible click on the icon in the upper left corner to open the menu.
  5. In the drop down menu click on URL. (now Logos4 has copied the URL into your clipboard ready for pasting)
    [you can skip steps 4 & 5 by clicking in the Bible’s panel then on your keyboard press Ctrl Alt C (Mac users: press Option-Command-C), this copies the URL to the clipboard]

6. In your note, use your mouse to drag over your scripture (or text you entered) to select it.
  7. Right click in the hyperlink box. A pop-up menu appears.
  8. In the pop-up menu click on Paste.

1. Notice that Logos4 pasted your URL into the hyperlink box.
  9. In your note, click somewhere off of the selected text to deselect the text.
  10. Hover your mouse over the new hyperlink. Logos4 will show you a pop-up box with the verse inside it.
    1. Notice that your Bible version is showing at the bottom. This is a good way to verify that your hyperlink is to the correct Bible (not your preferred Bible).
    2. To jump to the hyperlink, on your keyboard hold down the Ctrl key and click on the link with your mouse. (Mac users: use Cmd key)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 2:10 PM

Clint Cozier:

One of the best features of notes in Logos is the automatic linking that happens when I type a full reference (or even a series of references). It uses (I presume) my top prioritized bible for the link target. Is there an easy way to (for example) link to the Greek or Hebrew of a reference rather than my top prioritized (English) bible?

Another idea is having top prioritized Bible in Multi-view (Logos Now) OR link set so opening link in English also opens link in Greek.  Note text could include reminder for Greek context.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS