What has been going on with Logos Severs for the last week or more?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 30 2016 2:13 AM

Faith Life / Logos

I really don’t understand, this week i have been biting my tongue so to speak and have not posted about this before now, that is the few times I have been able to login to the forums.

For the last two weeks now we have been having login / access issues with some of the Logos web sites not connecting.

Both https://community.logos.com/forums/77.aspx  and https://www.logos.com  have been having problems. Dated 4/28/2016 Central Asia. During the morning in the office I did get to login for the first time in four days, for a few hours that is. Also could not open the web sites all day yesterday.

I have not seen anyone else post about this issue.

Logos / Faithlife We the users have put a lot of money into the software to not have access to the online features and to sync files and have general access to the Logos networks 24/7.

I asking you to Please find the problems with your network servers and connection equipment and fix the problem.

I know that you should understand it is also costing you money, or may be holding some people back from buying new resources. When we the user can’t get access when we want.

Bob Please address this!

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 26723
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 2:16 AM

When you are having troubles do you check the status on http://status.faithlife.com/? I've found most of my problems are when it is coming back up from scheduled maintenance although sometimes there are server problems as on the 26th. I haven't experienced any problems in the last two days ... but then again my internet provider gives me somewhat quirky service with a service check and potential update at one of the most inconvenient times in my day ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 2:19 AM

There were incidents on 26 April and 23 April, but none other than that (AFAIK). http://status.faithlife.com/ will always let you know if there's a problem at the Faithlife end. If not, it's likely to be a routing issue nearer to home, or (in some countries) even a firewall issue caused by an over zealous national censor.

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 2:25 AM

Yes MJ, I am also on the e-mail list so that i get a message from them for the maintenance down times. But I did not even get those during the times i could not access the Logos sites. I am loved in now am updating/ syncing Logos.

I really do try not to complain but the two weeks have been hard.

I use Logos every day and try to check the forums to see if there are some good post, or anything special going on.

I do love the software and i think the company is great, but i have problems understanding the down time we have with so many people depending on the access to the Logos sites.

Lee

Edited: Mark I am in Kyrgyzstan but we have not had issued with the countries censor so far, which i am thankful of. My internet access is not the best but i do have three different services because at times one may not work. But I could not get access with any of them, even though I had no problems with others sites.. So this is why I am posting.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 5:36 AM

What I would like to know is why it takes my documents and settings 20 to 30 minutes to load up every time  ?????? And this has been going on for weeks with me.

Posts 21972
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 5:56 AM

Kenute P. Curry:
What I would like to know is why it takes my documents and settings 20 to 30 minutes to load up every time

To help us try to answer this please start a new thread, explain what is happening and post diagnostic logs

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 7:17 AM

I am also in Asia and experienced similar problems to Lee. I, too was surprised that there was no mention of it in the forums. So perhaps it has something to do with our location.

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 7:59 AM

Hmm after some closer checking, my fixed ip has no problem connecting, and my cell phone mobile hot spot can connect.

But the secondary mobile wifi which is the fastest internet connection i have does not connect to https://community.logos.com but it did connect to https://www.logos.com and downloaded resources today with it.

So I think i need to contact them and see if they are blocking that website.

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 7:47 PM

Mark,

On the other hand, how secure is the Logos severs from terror attacks, lightening, power outage, etc.? Are the current severs adequate? Are there any plans in the future to expand or upgrade them? I don't mean to alarm or upset anyone, but "inquiry minds want to know." What is the growth rate of new customers or books on the system? If one says it none of my business or you can answer for lack of information, the questions remain. Until the next time, keep trusting, thinking, and using...  CM

Posts 26723
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 8:53 PM

Charles McNeil:
I don't mean to alarm or upset anyone, but "inquiry minds want to know."

And if we knew it would decrease security ... but we do know they have a mirror site and that for some purposes they use outside services that are known o be well designed/maintained ... although of course not as good as if they went with my nephew's product

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 10:27 PM

Charles McNeil:

Mark,

On the other hand, how secure is the Logos severs from terror attacks, lightening, power outage, etc.? Are the current severs adequate? Are there any plans in the future to expand or upgrade them? I don't mean to alarm or upset anyone, but "inquiry minds want to know." What is the growth rate of new customers or books on the system? If one says it none of my business or you can answer for lack of information, the questions remain. Until the next time, keep trusting, thinking, and using...  CM

I can't give an official answer to that question, of course. I do know, in general terms, that it's impossible to guarantee 100% uptime.

Faithlife are constantly expanding their operations to improve services and to cope with increased demand. They have a second data centre located in Seattle.

If you're interested, I would suggest reading through this post from Bob (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/119451/784617.aspx#784617) and links from me that follow.

Posts 235
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 30 2016 10:48 PM

Thanks Mark,

There're no guarantees for the unknown. CM

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2016 8:54 PM

Hello 

I just wanted to update. I contacted the Isp for my secondary mobile wifi. The problem was that my modem was set to auto and it was trying to connect at 4g which is not supported for the sim card i have. Embarrassed So the problem was on my end.

After changing it to 3g connection I am back to full mobile use with the servers! Big Smile 

Posts 6472
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2016 3:06 AM

Lee:

Hello 

I just wanted to update. I contacted the Isp for my secondary mobile wifi. The problem was that my modem was set to auto and it was trying to connect at 4g which is not supported for the sim card i have. Embarrassed So the problem was on my end.

After changing it to 3g connection I am back to full mobile use with the servers! Big Smile 

Hopefully you didn't bite your tongue too hard 😜😂

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS