Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Charles W. Cornett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 3 2016 5:48 AM

When Making a Note on a verse, and you put a scripture reference in the note, I think Logos should automatically make that reference a hot link.  If they would do this I could Make my own cross references.

I have Olive Tree Bible software also and they make all scripture  references notes hot links!  Why not Logos?

Can this suggestion be voted on?

Charles Cornett

Wichita, KS

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 6:05 AM

It already works exactly as you request for me - I can view or create them on Mobile or on Logos 6 too (just tested it now).

Posts 22831
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 7:26 AM

Charles W. Cornett:
   When Making a Note on a verse, and you put a scripture reference in the note, I think Logos should automatically make that reference a hot link.  If they would do this I could Make my own cross references.

As James says it seems to work - which platform are you using?

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 10 2016 6:41 AM

I don't know if this is the issue: to GO to the Scripture in a NOTE file, you have to [for a Mac] hold down the CMD key and click. Don't know the PC combination. You CAN however hoover over the verse and it generates a popup display of the verse.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 11:55 AM

Is is possible to go to the Scripture link directly from the Bible without clicking on the Note, then in the Note File clicking on the Scripture Reference?  It doesn't seem to have the same functionality as cross references in your Bible.    

Posts 29096
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 1:35 PM

Unless I misunderstand you, the hover display is supposed to replace "going" anywhere. But somehow I think I misunderstand what you mean as in my Bible, I have to turn pagesWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22831
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2016 1:37 PM

John Brumett:

Is is possible to go to the Scripture link directly from the Bible without clicking on the Note, then in the Note File clicking on the Scripture Reference?  It doesn't seem to have the same functionality as cross references in your Bible.    

I think this is a different issue. If MJ's response hasn't addressed your query please start a new thread and provide some more details.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 6:11 AM

This is what I mean.  If this is not available in existing Notes maybe I will start a new thread. But I wanted to check if I am missing something.  

Posts 22831
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:16 AM

John Brumett:
 If this is not available in existing Notes maybe I will start a new thread. But I wanted to check if I am missing something.

What you are showing / describing is how it works at the moment.

In the top case you are seeing the contents of the note but aren't able to click on any of them

In the second you can click on the reference which generates a clickable popup

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS