Bible Word Studies Webinar Fail

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2852
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 3 2016 10:24 AM

I signed up for the Logos Bible Word Study live webinar that was supposed to start at 1PM ET today. I went to the link provided in the email and it wound't work. I waited because I was a couple of minutes early. At 1 PM on the dot - nothing. OK they're late. I waited a couple of minutes. Nothing. I reloaded, refreshed and closed browser and reopened. Cleaned cache and reopened. Finally 15 minutes later it worked. However, they clearly had started already.

Anyone else have this problem today? Does the staff monitor how it's working on the user end to see if it's not working so they can wait till it is? If it was just me then fine. Not sure why it would be just me.

I tried to clear out time and get back to my office after lunch so I could take part and when you go to efforts to be somewhere and it doesn't work it's a bit disappointing.

I know. It's free and you get what you pay for and things go wrong. I think what made it worse was that I called the general line and it rang and rang forever. Then the person answering was a bit rude. Transferred me and I was in a virtual line for support while I'm missing the webinar.

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 11:04 AM

The address provided in the email went to the sign up page instead of the webinar. When I copied the address from the email and pasted it into the web address bar it went to the right webpage.

Posts 2852
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 11:13 AM

So if you clicked the email it failed to open the webinar page, even though the email said that it would. But if you copied and pasted it worked?

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 11:35 AM

That is correct

Posts 4705
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 1:06 PM

Yeah my email link failed as well but if I went to logos.com/webinar it worked just fine.

I was kind of sad though as when I signed up it mentioned there would be a chance to obtain the Hebrew audio pronunciation dataset for free but they never mentioned it at all during the webinar

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 2:57 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

So if you clicked the email it failed to open the webinar page, even though the email said that it would. But if you copied and pasted it worked?

It got me as well Kevin Sad

Posts 462
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 3:22 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Kevin, et al, 

I'm really sorry about this. We are still looking into how it happened, but it looks like the URL beneath that hyperlink was mistagged, though the address in the text was correct. We are taking steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again. 

In the meantime, a high-definition recording has been posted at www.logos.com/webinar for those who were not able to attend live.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 2852
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2016 3:28 PM

What about the free Hebrew Pronunciation tool? Any chance we can still get it?

Posts 462
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 7:05 AM

I'll follow up with you directly, Kevin.

Posts 65
Ken Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 9:17 AM

How about an email reply to all who had signed up for the webinar (including me)? Big Smile

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 9:30 AM

Adam Borries (Logos Pro):

I'm really sorry about this. We are still looking into how it happened, but it looks like the URL beneath that hyperlink was mistagged, though the address in the text was correct. We are taking steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again. 

In the meantime, a high-definition recording has been posted at www.logos.com/webinar for those who were not able to attend live.

Thanks for this Adam

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 1:36 PM

Thanks, I too fought the link and lost but thanks again for the link I received for the webinar now online. And, that link to the pronunciation tool would be great too!

Posts 26
Robert Townsend | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 2:57 PM

Jerry Smith:

Thanks, I too fought the link and lost but thanks again for the link I received for the webinar now online. And, that link to the pronunciation tool would be great too!

I also was signed up, I have watched since then and am interested in the pronounciation tool. 

Thanks!

Posts 462
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 4 2016 3:37 PM

Regarding the free Hebrew Audio Pronunciation tool:

After registering for the May 3 webinar, a small number of users received the wrong confirmation email, which mistakenly thanked them for registering for the Dec 15 webinar, including "find out how to get Hebrew Audio Pronunciations—a $50 value—for free!" For those of you who received this email, we are sorry for the error. 

Specifically, as explained during the Dec 15 webinar, this offer was for a free Hebrew Audio Pronunciations with a base package upgrade purchase of $300 or more. 

We think the only fair thing to do is offer you the same deal we offered in December. For this week only (through Saturday, May 7), you can use the coupon code AUDIO on any base package upgrade of $300 or more, and get the Hebrew Audio Pronunciation free. 

Once again, I apologize for the confusion.Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS