Logos Talk - best Bible Version

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 269
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 5 2016 6:30 AM

I have not commented on a Logos Talk article before, but I wanted to respond to this one. I really enjoyed it. But I think I am doing something wrong. 

Yesterday I posted and an hour later tried again, but my response did not appear. Today, I posted again because I think I was not using my traditional e-mail and that might have been my problem.  

If my response is not posting, is it because they have to be individually approved, or because I am doing something wrong?

Best,

Gregorio

Posts 269
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 12:49 PM

Could it be too long? Can anybody help?

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 12:59 PM

Length could conceivably be an issue. I doubt that your chosen email address is.  

The real reason is perhaps only known to whomever is moderating the blog.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 269
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 1:03 PM

Ah, OK. Thanks so much. 

Posts 929
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 2:36 PM

TCBlack:

The real reason is perhaps only known to whomever is moderating the blog.  

I don't think anybody is! I posted a comment on an article around a month ago which still hasn't appeared, and frankly I'm not expecting it to. When it comes to matters of blogs and social media Logos leave a lot to be desired.

Posts 269
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 3:45 PM

I would love to know if my comments were rejected (which is suppose is OK as that is why moderators exist) or if it was just bad luck or I did something wrong in trying to post. Any chance we could find out? Smile

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 4:13 AM

It's probably just that the whole discussion is moot. Everyone knows the original KJV is the ONLY version we can trust. Right?

Posts 6
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:37 AM

Gregorio, I'm the author of that post, and I never saw your comment. So I did some checking. It got caught in our spam filter. In fact, I now see all three comments. I'm guessing it's the odd URL attached to it that caused our automated filter to send it to spam: isaiah.awardspace.biz. I clicked the link, and I can see that it's a real site. But the URL makes it seem like it isn't.

I do moderate comments, but I reject probably one out of every 200—and only for being abusive. I'll go read your comments and let you know if you made the cut! =) Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for letting us know. Next time I suggest you not use the URL.

Posts 6
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:38 AM

Oh, and you included several URLs within your comment. That's something spam filters will flag, too.

Posts 6
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:39 AM

Oops—there was a spam comment by someone calling himself "Gregorio" that had multiple URLs inside it; that wasn't yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Posts 27811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 6 2016 11:58 AM

Mark L. Ward, Jr.:

Oops—there was a spam comment by someone calling himself "Gregorio" that had multiple URLs inside it; that wasn't yours. Sorry for the confusion.

Gregorio Billikopf:
Today, I posted again because I think I was not using my traditional e-mail and that might have been my problem.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2374
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 7 2016 12:13 AM

Mark L. Ward, Jr.:

That URL just cries out "I am spam".

My humble suggestion: If anyone is ever supposed to read the article, better move it to a proper location.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS