Bible Study Magazine NEEDS to be available in Logos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 12:39 AM

Dave Thawley:

Rich:

1. Subscribe to BSM. 

2. Included on the subscription mailing sticker include a unique password for each subscriber.

3. Log on to LOGOS, go to BSM, enter the unique password and download the BSM.

4. Can't get the unique password without a subscription and the password changes after renewal.

5. Makes everyone happy.

Good idea,  they can even be password protected if they come in .pdf form 

PDF is not an a good solution, it needs to be in Logos or its jus as useless as the paper copy. And mailing out the passwor is not much better for internatioal subscribers. Doesn't solve the problem of snail mai. All the licensing can be handled within the Logos Software, every subscriber gets access to the magazine at the same time and you get to make notes, lookup scripture references and search the magazine like any other resource. Full colour graphics are already handled by the software.  A pdf will be read, archived and forgotten about just like the paper copy.

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 12:52 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

PDF is not an a good solution, it needs to be in Logos or its jus as useless as the paper copy.

Agreed, however a pdf version would kill fewer trees (unless folks decide to print everything...)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 1:37 AM

Jan Krohn:

Disciple of Christ (doc):

PDF is not an a good solution, it needs to be in Logos or its jus as useless as the paper copy.

Agreed, however a pdf version would kill fewer trees (unless folks decide to print everything...)

Agreed PDF would leave the trees happy but not us, so lets get it in Logos format so we can be both kind to the trees and kind to ourselves.

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 5:58 PM

Bob Pritchett:

If we did make it available as a monthly digital subscription, would you prefer:

- an online PDF version that you could page through in a web browser, which might or might not have active hyperlinks / be full-text searchable.

- a full text edition in Logos format, which would be less visually interesting but wouldn't have ads.

Thanks for keeping this on your dashboard Bob.  Listening, and adjusting your business plan to accommodate your customer's needs is commendable and appreciated!  My preference is a full text Logos edition, however... I am open to a subscription deal that puts BSM into my library AND (at an additional cost) in PDF format, or links in my text edition that lets me click through to a web enabled pretty-fied graphics enabled version (because we all love us some pretty graphics, scan codes, etc., etc).

"I read dead people..."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2016 9:22 PM

Bob Pritchett:

If we did make it available as a monthly digital subscription, would you prefer:

- an online PDF version that you could page through in a web browser, which might or might not have active hyperlinks / be full-text searchable.

Web Browser potential attraction for Now and Cloud subscribers.

Bob Pritchett:
- a full text edition in Logos format, which would be less visually interesting but wouldn't have ads.

+1 Yes along with possible Journal bundling.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2016 5:03 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

+1 Yes along with possible Journal bundling.

Keep Smiling Smile

great idea :-)

Posts 10
Jim Waddell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 9:12 AM

Full text version in Logos format which was fully searchable and brought up leads on passage searches Etc.

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2018 1:18 PM

just wanted to update this thread (there are probably some more, but this seems to be very prominent and the last post is quite recent): Yes, as of 2018 BSM is available in Logos.

Current edition: https://www.logos.com/product/150251/bible-study-magazine-volume-10 (available for purchase and delivered as the issues are forthcoming, shipped for the first time as part of the Faithlife Connect subscription)  

Back issues since the beginning of BSM: https://www.logos.com/product/145946/bible-study-magazine-logos-ed-2008-2017 (PrePub, current status "in development")

I think that those who voted on uservoice (a very popular feature suggestion) can celebrate that their request has been granted and use their votes for other helpful ideas.   

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:17 PM

Thanks for that update! I didn't realise there was an electronic version available - and that it is supplied as part of the Faithlife Connect subscription. That is great. I just checked my Logos library and indeed the current magazines in Volume 10 are there.

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 16 2018 2:29 PM

Hopefully the next BSM Christmas sale will cover the digital edition as well...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS