LogosCEF.exe chewing up lots of resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 12
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 12:01 PM

There was an update to my Logos last yesterday, and now LogosCEF.exe is chewing up significant amounts of CPU power--like ~ 25%. Any idea what would cause that? Logos is not downloading or indexing; at least it's not telling me that it is in the status bar...

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 12:31 PM

Mine is hovering at a much more moderate 1.1% at the moment.  Of course your CPU/RAM are going to vary.

Often enough I've found that rebooting the computer will cause Logos (any program really) to settle down.  

If a reboot does not, please upload some logs and we'll take a look.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 10:23 AM

Similar problem here.Win 8.1, i5 cpu, logos 6. I can't say if it's related to an update, but now the Logos home page /logoscef is chewing up significant CPU. No indexing, no updating going on, at least from looking at the system tray and tasklist. I called, but rep had no idea- sent me a generic page on optimizing use but this is happening when I'm at the home page. So I sent an email, but hoping someone here has a faster answer. 

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2016 10:26 AM

Nelson R. Pardee:
So I sent an email, but hoping someone here has a faster answer.

CEF is related to web viewing on the homepage. I assume if you leave the homepage, the usage goes down? If you want more help, you should enable and post logs in a NEW thread. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS