The Difference Between Verbum Now and Logos Now

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 12 2016 4:55 PM

I am putting this in the General Forum because it deals with two different platforms, Verbum and Logos.

I have both Verbum 6 and Logos 6 on my computer. I haven't really noticed much of a difference between them. Having said that, is there a difference between Verbum Now and Logos Now? They are both $8.99 per month and I can only afford one of them. If there are differences, what are they? I can't make up my mind whether to go with one or the other.

Posts 33738
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 4:59 PM

The primary difference is in the monthly preview resources and coupons.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:05 PM

Jeffrey Barron Owens:

I am putting this in the General Forum because it deals with two different platforms, Verbum and Logos.

I have both Verbum 6 and Logos 6 on my computer. I haven't really noticed much of a difference between them. Having said that, is there a difference between Verbum Now and Logos Now? They are both $8.99 per month and I can only afford one of them. If there are differences, what are they? I can't make up my mind whether to go with one or the other.

Good question. I am wondering the same thing.I presently have a Verbum NOW subscription (which I am grateful to have received some time ago as part of a bundled deal), but am considering if I should change to Logos NOW when my subscription expires. 

As MJ noted I think the subscription content is the same, or very similar but the difference is in any monthly bonus specials and the monthly books.

From various forum posts I gather that the monthly bonus offerings, such as coupon codes with Logos NOW are superior to those for Verbum NOW subscribers. Can anyone confirm this? 

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 7:48 PM

I have had the Verbum Now for a couple of months and have had some success with it. After reading the description on the Logos web site I am going to try Logos Now for a month and see if I notice any differences and see what I think. Depending on what I see I may stay with it or I might go back to Verbum Now. Can't hurt to try it for a month.

Posts 33738
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2016 8:13 PM

As someone nearly always on beta, I can assure you that the differences in the software for Now is the same as for the base package. No software changes have been Verbum only or Logos only.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 11:07 AM

Well, after obtaining Logos Now yesterday, one thing I noticed right away is that there is a difference in the visual filters for the NABRE. Until yesterday, when I decided to try Logos Now instead of renewing Verbum Now, when using the NABRE I had visual filters that allowed me to see the Greek and Hebrew words for each word or phrase listed directly underneath. I also had filter that allowed me to see the Strong's number for each Greek or Hebrew word and a host of other visual filters related to the text. All of them are gone now. I liked having all of that in the text of my Bible that I could turn on and off at will. All of that is gone now.

I may have to break down and pay the extra $8.99 and just have both of them this month. I don't really have the money for that since I still have to buy my prescriptions this month, and that $8.99 is enough to buy three of them. I will give it a couple of more days to see if I can live without the visual filters this month and then make up my mind. Fortunately, Logos Now was free for the first month since I am a new user of it.

Posts 33738
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 12:32 PM

Did you have a base package before you subscribed to Verbum Now?

Posts 35
Brody Stewart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 1:49 PM

Besides the different preview resources (and associated coupons), Verbum Now releases may include uniquely-Catholic features and updates not found in Logos Now releases. If you use Verbum for primarily-Catholic study, we highly recommend sticking with Verbum Now.

Posts 5898
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:11 PM

Jeffrey Barron Owens:
when using the NABRE I had visual filters that allowed me to see the Greek and Hebrew words for each word or phrase listed directly underneath. I also had filter that allowed me to see the Strong's number for each Greek or Hebrew word and a host of other visual filters related to the text. All of them are gone now.

I have Logos Now and have access to what you are describing. And if I understand what you are saying correctly it sounds as if your inline interlinear has been turned off.  Click on the button on the resource toolbar for the inline interlinear and check off the options you the information you want to see listed.

Posts 33738
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 2:27 PM

Brody Stewart:
Besides the different preview resources (and associated coupons), Verbum Now releases may include uniquely-Catholic features and updates not found in Logos Now releases. If you use Verbum for primarily-Catholic study, we highly recommend sticking with Verbum Now.

Could you request that the release notes reflect any Verbum/Logos differences? Thanks.

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 4:13 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
I have Logos Now and have access to what you are describing. And if I understand what you are saying correctly it sounds as if your inline interlinear has been turned off.  Click on the button on the resource toolbar for the inline interlinear and check off the options you the information you want to see listed.

You were right! It was turned off. I have checked the appropriate boxes for what I wanted and it is all there. Thank you for your help! You're a Genius!Geeked

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 4:17 PM

Brody Stewart:

Yeah! I think I am going to stick with Verbum Now after this month of Logos Now is done. I use the Verbum 6 base package for most everything I do. Wink

Posts 67
JessicaL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 13 2016 4:19 PM

MJ. Smith:

Did you have a base package before you subscribed to Verbum Now?

Yes, I do have a base package. Brody's suggestion got me fixed up! It was something I did, not something the Verbum/Logos Now did.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS