New Revised Standard Version - Anglicised please

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 14 2016 5:44 AM

Are we ever likely to see the Anglicised NRSV in Logos? It would be nice if we non-US customers didn't have to go through on Proclaim each week and fix up the peculiar American spelling.

I'd be honoured if you would do us a favour and sell a product with a more international flavour.

Smile

Posts 44
Kevin Todhunter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 7:42 AM

Smile

Absolutely. Same for the ESV please! 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 9:33 AM

I remember when the NT of New English Bible came out.  I was amused by the expression "touched them on the raw" which is definitely not an American usage (though it was easily understood). Just when are you Brits going to learn to speak English?  I'd be willing to conduct classes. 

Wink  Smile  Big Smile  

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1726
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 10:25 AM

There once was a lad from Glaschu,
Who read his Logos NRS so blue.
He wanted it Anglicised,
To give sweet rest to his eyes,
But there’s a worldwide shortage of ‘u’s.

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 1:33 PM

I suspect that, with the situation your country has ended up with in the candidates for the highest office in your land, it might be a few years before the world comes beating at your door seeking instruction on how to do pretty much anything… Stick out tongueWink

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 1:37 PM

Murray W:

I suspect that, with the situation your country has ended up with in the candidates for the highest office in your land, it might be a few years before the world comes beating at your door seeking instruction on how to do pretty much anything… Stick out tongueWink

Unfortunately, I think you're correct.  Sad

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 1:47 PM

Whew - glad that my sabre-rattling humour hasn't coloured the discussion too much. I was worried you'd spring to the defence of the calibre of the candidates (who knows - they might be people of great moral fibre) and doubt my meagre ability to criticise your process with any kind of skilful accuracy when I was just trying to add a little bit of theatre. Don't worry - it's not my usual practice, so I hope you will have a favourable opinion of me. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 1:49 PM

Murray W:
I was just trying to add a little bit of theatre. Don't worry - it's not my usual practice, so I hope you will have a favourable opinion of me. 

Not to worry.  Give us more, more, more  Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 1:57 PM

No, I've decided to axe this programme for aesthetic reasons and halt the clamour lest my posts lose their lustre and I anaesthetise you with my behaviour. I could plough on, but it would be ghastly if the "salt were to lose its savour". I'd really hate to labour the point too much, so I shall make this my epilogue.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 14 2016 2:06 PM

Murray W:
I shall make this my epilogue.

Is that Aussie spelling for "on a log"?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2016 7:25 PM

Is anyone from Logos able to comment on this?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS