Default attachment point for notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
David Piper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 15 2016 5:40 PM

I commonly make notes attached to particular verses.  I usually do this by right-clicking on a word (or words) in the relevant verse and selecting 'Add note to 'General Notes'.

When I do that, the default attachment point is associated with the particular Bible translation I am using at the time (e.g. HCSB).  However, often I would like to see that note associated with any Bible I happen to be reading. So currently what I do is:

1. Select 'edit attachment points'
  2. Type in the reference but without any mention of the specific Bible.
  3. Delete the attachment to the particular Bible.
  4. Click 'Done'.

This process achieves what I want.  However it is a little tedious and would be nice if it was unnecessary.  So is it possible to set the default attachment point for notes to the verse itself without a specified Bible?

Hope this makes sense.  I've searched on the forums and couldn't find an answer.  Sorry if I've missed it.

Posts 32997
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2016 5:52 PM

On the right side, the menu options at the top are selection (1 or 2) and reference (only 1). If selection is chosen the note will apply just to that version; if reference is chosen it will apply to all versions.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2016 7:40 AM

Hi David. This was really confusing to me when I started attaching notes, so I thought a screenshot might be helpful. Here I've right-clicked on some text. On the right, I need to select "Matthew 5:1," the third line. You'll notice that Logos then highlights the whole verse. Now I can select "Add note to..." in the lower left, and the note will be attached to the verse, will appear in every Bible that has that verse, and even in other works that cite that verse. Hope that helps!

Posts 4
David Piper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2016 4:58 PM

Thanks, that helps!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS