How to find out when a particular resource will be updated

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Amelia A Price | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 21 2016 12:49 PM

I am asking a general and specific question. Specifically, when will the Revised Common Lectionary [LLS:RCL
2014-10-21T17:22:56Z
RCL.logos4] be updated? Generally how, or can we, find this information for ourselves? I know we can see when material has been updated on our homepage. But I can find no list of items that will be updated, or a list or when items will be updated. Thank you.

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 1:06 PM

I don't know of any place that information is made available to us.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5171
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 3:32 PM

Amelia A Price:
Specifically, when will the Revised Common Lectionary [LLS:RCL
2014-10-21T17:22:56Z
RCL.logos4] be updated?

Are there any specific issues you have with this resource  that you are looking for to be corrected in an updated version Amelia?

Posts 36
Amelia A Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 3:50 PM

It has no entries past Thanksgiving 2016, the end of year C. For it to continue its usefulness, it will need the new dates and entries for the continuing cycle.

Posts 25108
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 4:12 PM

Amelia A Price:

It has no entries past Thanksgiving 2016, the end of year C. For it to continue its usefulness, it will need the new dates and entries for the continuing cycle.

A new thread for this specific question should get a response from Faithlife.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 36
Amelia A Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 4:37 PM

Thank you. I just want to know how and when the resource will be updated. I am doing long range planning. With the resource ending right as Advent year A begins, I have to change my process just as I begin that important planning piece.

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 21 2016 6:41 PM

For planning, how much of the lectionary do you need? Would online lectionary resources meet your need?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2133
LogosEmployee

Here's an earlier thread with a Faithlife response on this issue. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/123952/809525.aspx

It's looks like the plan is to update the lectionaries before they run out.

Posts 36
Amelia A Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2016 5:00 AM

Yes, there are other resources, that worked prior to having Logos. The question was more to the point that an existing, cyclical resource has not been updated for 19 months.

Posts 36
Amelia A Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2016 5:01 AM

Yes, it appears the RCL is on the radar. Thanks.

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2016 12:57 PM

Amelia A Price:

Yes, there are other resources, that worked prior to having Logos. The question was more to the point that an existing, cyclical resource has not been updated for 19 months.

Understood. I am glad you got your answer. (Sounds like it might be nice if these were revised annually.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS