Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 135
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 25 2016 12:32 AM

Can Any one give me a clue why reftagger is not working on my site?

I checked my web site today and found that Reftagger is not working. I have a WordPress.org site with the Enfold theme. the theme also has a child theme that nothing is coded in. It was working fine in the beginning, but then I tried to add Reftagger manual code, it still worked, but it didn't get all the verses in a list, only the first page of the list. So I deleted the manual code. It worked the same way in the limited fashion. Now it has stopped all together. I deactivated the "Reftagger" and "Reftagger shortcode" plugins and then deleted them. Then after a few minutes I reinstalled them thinking that all the code would be replace with fresh code in the place where it was designed to go. Reftagger still does not work.

I copied my website with Google Chrome (more tools > Save Page As...) to a file on my desktop and found that Reftagger works in the copy. I don't understand why?

I found out by using Google Chorme  More Tools > Developer Tools, that ther was an error:

 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT           http://api.reftagger.com/v2/reftagger.js

This problem actually started with a previous post : https://community.logos.com/forums/t/117310.aspx 

My web site is: http://biblesymbol.com/  You can look on the "Symbols > Symbols List" page for a list of Bible references.

I am not a web page expert so I really don't know much about HTML code.

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

Fred Littlefield:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT           http://api.reftagger.com/v2/reftagger.js

My web site is: http://biblesymbol.com/ 

Reftagger works for me in Chrome 50 on that site.

I believe that the error message you've posted means that a Chrome extension is blocking the script. This may be caused by an over-zealous ad-blocker or privacy extension that blocks third-party scripts. Try temporarily disabling your extensions one-by-one to determine which is causing the problem.

Posts 135
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 25 2016 9:01 AM

Thanks Bradley. I just found out that it was actually working. For some reason on my company laptop it is not. Maybe the VPN or some other security reason. I checked it just before going to bed last night on my cell phone and it was working.

This is a big relief for for me since my web site front page mentions the use of this feature.

Thanks again for checking.

Posts 135
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 10:12 PM

I have "Pop Verse" extension in my Chrome Browser. It was turned off, but not deactivated. I use it on sites where there is no Reftagger to do the same thing. I found out that I had to deactivate it by unchecking the enable box for the extension, not just turn it off.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS