Bug - Clippings Are Lost When Using iPad or iPhone

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Jimmy Disney | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 26 2016 7:53 AM

I use Mac, iPhone and iPad Apps. 

I created Clippings entitled, "Prayer-Clippings for Series." The majority of the research was done from my laptop.  I added some clippings last night from iPad App.  When I began working this morning the 'clippings' appeared on my laptop.  I watched them disappear as it synced. The only clippings left were the ones created last night from my iPad. 

I can still see them from my iPhone (I have put my phone in airplane mode in an attempt to prevent it from syncing.)  However, I can't save/export the clippings. 

The same problem has occurred from the web browser.  All previous research is missing.

Is there a known problem with losing clippings/documents when using/syncing different iOS devices?

Jimmy

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 8:15 AM

Hi Jimmy - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Jimmy Disney:
I created Clippings entitled, "Prayer-Clippings for Series." The majority of the research was done from my laptop.  I added some clippings last night from iPad App.  When I began working this morning the 'clippings' appeared on my laptop.  I watched them disappear as it synced. The only clippings left were the ones created last night from my iPad. 

Just so I understand - the iPad-created clippings did appear on your desktop and then the ones you had created on the desktop disappeared. Is that correct?

Jimmy Disney:
I can still see them from my iPhone (I have put my phone in airplane mode in an attempt to prevent it from syncing.)  However, I can't save/export the clippings. 

What are still on the iPhone? The clippings from the desktop or the ones from the iPad (or both)?

Jimmy Disney:
The same problem has occurred from the web browser

What do you mean by this? Which web browser and doing what?

Jimmy Disney:
Is there a known problem with losing clippings/documents when using/syncing different iOS devices?

I'm not aware of one - although there was a sync issue between Mac desktop platforms reported earlier - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/126508.aspx 

What do you see if you try and view the Clippings document at documents.logos.com ?

Graham

Posts 27551
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 8:55 AM

Graham Criddle:

Jimmy Disney:

I'm not aware of one - although there was a sync issue between Mac desktop platforms reported earlier

There have been quite a few people complaining about clippings not syncing. These posts have been in the iOS and L6 forums. At least five in the past couple weeks. It could be coincidence... I have no idea if this is related to the present issue or not. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS