Continually indexing

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Forrest ODowd | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 28 2010 6:58 PM

5658.Logos4Indexer.zip

Attached please find my Index Log file.

I have read numerous posts about this problem and hope this attachment will help find a solution to my continual indexing problem.  I have tried all of the recommendations, rebuild index, delete index files and rebuild index without success, I have not tried reloading Logos 4 yet, hoping I don't have to.

Thanks for any help!

Forrest

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with max 2 gig ram | Intel 1.73 Ghz Duo core Centino | Windows 7 @ 32-bits | approx. 69GB of free HD

Posts 27972
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:01 PM

Forrest

Rebuilding is the recommended fix for that error! If you have tried multiple times without success then I can only suggest

• Hard drive check  (chkdsk c: in Cmd window or right click drive c: in Explorer | Properties | Tools)
  • Windows 7 memory check from Control Panel

If they are error-free then you will have to re-install, deleting the Logos4 folder completely beforehand. See Method 3 http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers as an alternative to re-downloading.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:30 PM

Forrest,

Sorry you are having this trouble. It is definitely an indexing problem. I am puzzled that you say you have deleted the index files and have tried to reindex. The log file seems to show that Logos was trying to merge indexes.

What is in your LibraryIndex folder?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:58 PM
When my old machine (pentium 4 @ 3.4 GHz w/ 3.35 GB RAM running WinXP SP3) has trouble indexing, I defrag the drive I have the book files on (184 GB logical drive I: dedicated to Logos 4 resources -- 24 GB) and then run "Logos4Indexer.exe" by itself without starting Logos 4. That always seems to work for me.
Posts 27972
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 8:42 PM

Another possibility for the repeated failure is the lack of free space on the hard drive. You need at least 6 GB free!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3
Forrest ODowd | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 7:16 PM

Big Smile Thanks Dave

I followed your instructions to the letter doing a chkdsk and memory check, which were both error free so I un-installed L4 and re-installed using method #3.

Everything for the moment seems to be working and and not reindexing.  The only thing is now having to reconfigure and rebuild.  Is there and area to save like the resources that could be reloaded after a re-install to save having to reconfigure and rebuild?  I'm kind of new to logos so I missed this if there is such an animal.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Forrest

Posts 27972
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 11:09 PM

ForrestODowd:
The only thing is now having to reconfigure and rebuild.  Is there and area to save like the resources that could be reloaded after a re-install to save having to reconfigure and rebuild?  I'm kind of new to logos so I missed this if there is such an animal.

Method 3 works on the basis that your settings, user documents (Collections, notes, PG, EG) and library data (ratings, mytags, etc) are restored from the "cloud" (Logos' server!) using the Sync process. If you do a complete backup of the Logos4 folder it will include your local copy of all that data + resources and it can be restored via Method 1 (Sync. will update as necessary). But there's nothing to say you can't restore \Logos4\Documents in combination with Method 3 (noting that you do not copy the random folder).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS